Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben looking for answers from Steelers-Rooney

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Am I the only one who believes that Ben have no right whatsoever to demand any questions from Rooney. The man has payed him over 100 million, and he is his boss. Granted, I have not heard the audio, but from the transcript he should just stop it already. That path leads to nothing good.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think Ben has a right to know what direction the offense is going in to an extent. He's the starting QB, the offense has been featured around him his entire career mostly. The way he went about it could have been handled better but it seems to be more of a "make me feel better" type of situation for Ben. He's not going to pound the door in on Art II and demand to throw the ball everywhere..lol.

He's also the QB that made this team like complete fools and they stood behind him! IMO he should STFU and play football!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Super Moderator Mean Linebacker's Avatar
    My Mood
    Blah
    Seems everybody is making this too big of a deal here. The man said he wants to talk to his boss about where things are headed, I don't have a problem with it. I could see him saying I want to talk to Mike Tomlin first though, following the chain of command. Almost seems as if he's bypassing Tomlin in favor of going straight to the top.

Rooney to Ben- Here's your answer; go win. But since we are asking asking questions, "how did we go to Denver and make Baby Jesus look like Dan Marino? When you can answer that question for me, I'll anwser your questions about where this offense is going.

I for one cannot wait to actually hear more about their "conversation". I think Ben is being unhealthy vocal about this, even though it probably aint a big deal.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    i just can't believe how they are talking about Arians. Like he is some sort of genius or something. The guy is awful. 2 yard bubble screens to hines ward? Arians had no imagination at all. Why do we all know this, and nobody else does?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Since when does Ben expect or even demand answers from up front? He should become a real team player and stop trying to manage beyond his abilities. At this point in time I would advise Ben to STFU and don't make life difficult in the front office. I don't think the Rooney's are in any mood to have a rogue player stirring things up. That is my opinion only. Not really putting Ben down. I would be careful Ben. Take it from the trenches, everyone is expendable in this league. Or this could be rumor mongering run amoke to fill the idle time of the sports press to sb week? Hell who knows.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 01-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.

And their fans.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Rooney to Ben- Here's your answer; go win. But since we are asking asking questions, "how did we go to Denver and make Baby Jesus look like Dan Marino? When you can answer that question for me, I'll anwser your questions about where this offense is going.
    Seems to me that question needs to be asked of LeBeau, not Ben. Wasn't Ben who allowed a damn scrub to average 30 yards a completion.

I would trade Ben to the Browns. See how he likes playing for an organization like that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thread Information