Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Got to Be Caldwell

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

It's Got to Be Caldwell

If it isn't former Colts HC Jim Caldwell coming in as our new OC then who else could it possibly be? If it were staying in house then why wouldn't the team have already promoted Fichtner? Why the delay? Even Peter King is leaning towards this....

8. Pittsburgh (12-5). Mike Tomlin (secondary) and Jim Caldwell (quarterbacks) coached together at Tampa Bay under Tony Dungy in Dungy's last season with the Bucs, 2001, if you're looking for a clue on the next offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1kIQGhxiS

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would say that you aren't going to pull the trigger in firing your offensive coordinator unless you have someone else in mind. That's normally the case, but the thoughts that Art II forced this one on Tomlin maybe lead them to look elsewhere like Caldwell for example.

Kirby Wilson would have probably had this one in the bag if not for the tragedy occuring in his life right now. Fichtner will get his interview and logically it makes sense from an inhouse standpoint. If Rooney was the driving force behind this, and it appears that he was, then he might feel that Fichtner is too much like Arians and wants a fresh perspective.

The thing that makes me question Caldwell is that he's not exactly had a stellar running game with the Colts over the years. It's been all Peyton Manning, and rightfully so. However if the Steelers want to get back to more of a running type of offense, is Caldwell really the right guy for the job...

Train called it, Tom Moore was their OC regardless of what label the guy wore. I personally don't care for Caldwell he seems too relaxed!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Seriously Caldwell getting credit for the colts offense pre-caldwell head coaching is ridiculous, he was a minimal part of that team, a QB coach for the smartest QB in football, peyton probbaly taught caldwell more than caldwell taught him.

It has to be Clements or Haley if im making this call, this is a huge opening to a franchise thats a perennial contender and has front office stability, i cant understand why this opening isnt getting more attention.

i for one will be pissed if its caldwell

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Train called it, Tom Moore was their OC regardless of what label the guy wore. I personally don't care for Caldwell he seems too relaxed!
    I agree. But Caldwell is the kind of guy who also won't make waves. Because it's apparent that Tomlin doesn't call the shots and they may want another guy who's
    submissive too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Seriously Caldwell getting credit for the colts offense pre-caldwell head coaching is ridiculous, he was a minimal part of that team, a QB coach for the smartest QB in football, peyton probbaly taught caldwell more than caldwell taught him.

It has to be Clements or Haley if im making this call, this is a huge opening to a franchise thats a perennial contender and has front office stability, i cant understand why this opening isnt getting more attention.

i for one will be pissed if its caldwell
    Who are the Steelers

We need a tsunami not waves IMO... If Tomlin doesn't have the sack to control Ben then someone needs to!!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 01-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    I'm with Train...not a big fan of Caldwell. I'd like someone with a little more fire/enthusiasm.

i dont need fire and enthusiasm, i just want sound gameplanning and someone whos good with x's and o's and i dont think caldwell is that guy

My Mood
    Addicted
    I hope we get Tom Clements,Ben wouldn't get along with Haley because Haley yells to much, IMO Ben needs this type of coach because someone needs to get him in check, but i also like how TC develops QB's so i hope it's Tom,Haley wouldn't be bad either.

--- Added 1/23/2012 at 10:38 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont need fire and enthusiasm, i just want sound gameplanning and someone whos good with x's and o's and i dont think caldwell is that guy
    And this to

I know yaw don't wanna here this but it's time to go to the West coast offense...
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 01-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Thread Information