Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arians Speaks; No Surprises Here...

Bookmark and Share
    They better get someone at OC that is going to control ben.

New outside blood will be needed at OC it looks like.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    When you make definitive, all encompassing, statements such as "there will never be a fullback in my offense" you are letting the world know you have a closed mind.

My biggest concern is that he wasn't fired the next day. It's not that a "fullback" is a prerequisite but coaching in the NFL is all about being able to adapt.....his statement clearly indicates that he was not!

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Arians' "firing" best Steeler news in a long time. Feeling very vindicated after penning articles demonstrating BA's incompetence, and after advising SA readers not to panic. After hearing Tomlin's end-of-season press comments, was not hard to predict that change was in the offing. Cudos to Steeler FO for finally seeing the light.

Re Ben calling Arians, thankfully NFL rules prohibit phone calls from the sidelines. Teammates will need to keep Ben away from cell phones during halftime.
    STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When you make definitive, all encompassing, statements such as "there will never be a fullback in my offense" you are letting the world know you have a closed mind.

My biggest concern is that he wasn't fired the next day. It's not that a "fullback" is a prerequisite but coaching in the NFL is all about being able to adapt.....his statement clearly indicates that he was not!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    This one kind of gives me the creeps...

Gives the sense that Ben is going to call him every time something happens, "see I knew this wouldn't have happened if you were still here Bruce"

Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

My Mood
    Mellow
    can't remember where i read this the other day, but the author of the article wrote about how arians went to a pistol type offense for the titans game because ben was hurt. he used more short, quick passes and the team had one of their best offensive days ever under arians...AND BEN DIDN'T HAVE FUN DOING IT!

we definitely need someone to tell ben what's what and actually make him play in a system that is best for the team, not for how much fun ben haves. i guess maybe ben likes getting hit by 300 pound lineman. if it weren't for his 2 rape allegation i could make the case for ben being in the closet...or maybe he's just over compensating? i'm just joking, but damn, how is not getting hit, throwing 34 times, 5 TD's, and a passer rating of 116.2...not to mention, WINNING THE GAME, not fun?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

If Ben doesn't like it get rid of him. I can't stand people that get paid 100 mill and complain

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    can't remember where i read this the other day, but the author of the article wrote about how arians went to a pistol type offense for the titans game because ben was hurt. he used more short, quick passes and the team had one of their best offensive days ever under arians...AND BEN DIDN'T HAVE FUN DOING IT!

we definitely need someone to tell ben what's what and actually make him play in a system that is best for the team, not for how much fun ben haves. i guess maybe ben likes getting hit by 300 pound lineman. if it weren't for his 2 rape allegation i could make the case for ben being in the closet...or maybe he's just over compensating? i'm just joking, but damn, how is not getting hit, throwing 34 times, 5 TD's, and a passer rating of 116.2...not to mention, WINNING THE GAME, not fun?
    Do u have a link to this article?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tracypa35 View Post
    Do u have a link to this article?
    I remember reading the slideshow from BleacherReport.com. Title is how a new OC can help the Steelers offense better. Here's the link, it's on page 5 if this link doesn't take you to it.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-better/page/5

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Arians said that he has been contacted by "five or six" teams since Friday, but wouldn't go into specifics.
    Some how I doubt that very much.

Thread Information