Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft comparison Hightower vs Burfict

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    SO OVERBLOWN. the man gets treated like a criminal for some unneccsary roughness penalties, hes an emotional player....this would be a good team for him to go to. if not im sure the ravens will scoop him
    Not saying I agree in this case, but Tomlin wants character guys with high motors, the rest is teachable according to Tomlin.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

hes not a bad character guy. that is one of the most overrated aspects of the draft process, hes completely insane on the field and may need some what of a leash but "bad character" is such a vague term now i really dont think he fits that bill

he also has a relentless motor

My Mood
    Roflol
    I would like to see either on the Steelers. I'd prefer to have Burfict just because of his mean streak. Even though Hightower may not be the fastest he certainly can play the run. And if he were to get drafted and the Steelers use him in that fashion that would free up Timmons to be more of a rush/cover/chase ILB. Now given the speech that Rooney gave after the season was over either of these players would have to be drafted in the 2nd round, which is not impossible but somehow I dont think either will be there by pick 57. It's very likely our first will be some sort of OG or OT. But when it comes to the Steelers drafting they never seem to do what most people think.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    SO OVERBLOWN. the man gets treated like a criminal for some unneccsary roughness penalties, hes an emotional player....this would be a good team for him to go to. if not im sure the ravens will scoop him
    He couldn't get into USC because of his grades that's how he ended up at ASU .I would love to have him on the team but 2 things wwill happen on draft day #1 he will be gone by #24 or we will pick someone else instead of him because Tomlin thinks he knows bestand the Ravens will take him and he will terroize ben for ever

My Mood
    Fine
    TAZ= We need some Nasty back on DEFENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    TAZ= We need some Nasty back on DEFENSE.
    I agree. Besides Harrison, who else have you seen on our D that stays pissed off and goes head hunting on every play?

But, the way Goodell's new "kinder" "gentler" NFL is shaping up, can we really afford to have another killer on D?...........Honestly, at this point I'm ready for the Steelers to turn into the 70's Raiders. We already have 6 rings, lets just go out there and kill people and get our reputation back.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    He couldn't get into USC because of his grades that's how he ended up at ASU .I would love to have him on the team but 2 things wwill happen on draft day #1 he will be gone by #24 or we will pick someone else instead of him because Tomlin thinks he knows bestand the Ravens will take him and he will terroize ben for ever
    i dont really care about his grades though, harrison could even write his own name
    Last edited by K Train; 02-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Its so hard to tell where they will end right now, both of them. I see mocks with both out of the first round and I see mocks with TAZ going in top 15. Others again have Hightower ahead of taz.. damn you combine, where be!!!?!?
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Roflol
    Either would be acceptable but I like Burfict more. He's more athletic and nastier. And I'd rather see him in Black and Gold then fairy purple.

i would just like them to take taze as a preventative measure to keep him away from the ravens...but he may be the BPA or he may not be, we'll see.

workouts are gonna be huger for both players

Thread Information