Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft comparison Hightower vs Burfict

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

Draft comparison Hightower vs Burfict

Dont'a Hightower - A redshirt junior completed his 4th season for the crimson tide.Half way through the 2009 season he tore his ACL for which he recieved a medical redshirt.the injuryhasn't seemed to affect his game . He runs a 4.6 40 at 6'4" he has a great combination of size and speed .He is no doubt a late 1st round pick that would fit perfectly into potsie's role in the middle.An absoulte hammer

Vontaze Burfict is a true junior at Arizona State .At 6'3" 250 he excels in traffic because of his ability to shed blockers.He has enough lateral quickness to be effective in underneath zone coverage but will struggle in man to man.In the past he has struggled to keep a level head on the field and has shown bursts of immaturity.With the right coach and some veteran guidance he will become a useful pro.

I probably like Vontaze Burfict over Hightower, but I would be happy with either. Burfict would bring a true mean presences at MLB which we could use.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Manic
    Jensk what brought you to that conclusion Hightower has played in the SEC that is the conference with the highest level of competition. Burfict is in the PAC 10 which is pretty weak
    plus he has terrible instincts and often free lances doesn't follow assignments and gets caught out of position if that happens in college it will happen on the field i would take him but not in the first rd
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-23-2012 at 05:28 PM.

I honestly don't buy into the whole competition thing. Surely, it does count but neither players are used to the level they will face in the NFL. I just like the will Burfict brings to the table. He is just a nasty player with a mean streak, which is something I'd love to get on our defense a little more then what we have now. But as I said, I like both of them so I would be happy either way.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

be very very surprised f hightower runs lower than a 4.9

taze is a monster...best MLB since willis, not the athlete by any means but very close to the football player. hes a monster in traffic, sheds blocks like hes covered in grease, is a violent hitter (absoultely buries the ball carrier) and maturity issues or not i want a MLB that is ****ing insane on the field.

hightower is very slow off the snap but would be good next to timmons in that he has the size that timmons lacked his first few years...he can play insider (and is a good blitzer from that spot), outside in a pinch, and even DE on passing downs...good fit for the steelers but not quite as good as taze who is a top 10 talent but a 4th round brain (which doesnt matter to me)

Its funny with both Hightower and Burfict. They can both tremendously help their draft position during the combine and pro-days. They could both potentially go in top 20, but they could also easily fall out of the first round all together. I'm not sold on Hightower as a first round talent yet, and he'll have to prove that he have the necessary speed. I actually think he'll surprise, but time will tell I suppose. Burfict is just a monster and he'll own the combine and his pro-days, but he'll have to make sure his agent prepares him incredible well for the interviews. If he comes through them, I just can't see how a team won't pick him in the first round. Teams such as Steelers, Ravens or Giants could be perfect places for him to land.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    be very very surprised f hightower runs lower than a 4.9

taze is a monster...best MLB since willis, not the athlete by any means but very close to the football player. hes a monster in traffic, sheds blocks like hes covered in grease, is a violent hitter (absoultely buries the ball carrier) and maturity issues or not i want a MLB that is ****ing insane on the field.

hightower is very slow off the snap but would be good next to timmons in that he has the size that timmons lacked his first few years...he can play insider (and is a good blitzer from that spot), outside in a pinch, and even DE on passing downs...good fit for the steelers but not quite as good as taze who is a top 10 talent but a 4th round brain (which doesnt matter to me)
    I guess i'm just not sure the Steelers will take anyone with problems given the recent problems with Holmes,Mendenhall,Ben,Harrison
    No way Hightower runs a 4.9 4.6 is more his neiborhood
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-23-2012 at 11:19 PM.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    In the past he has struggled to keep a level head on the field and has shown bursts of immaturity.With the right coach and some veteran guidance he will become a useful pro.
    That translates into not on Tomlin's draft board.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I guess i'm just not sure the Steelers will take anyone with problems given the recent problems with Holmes,Mendenhall,Ben,Harrison
    No way Hightower runs a 4.9 4.6 is more his neiborhood
    he just doesnt have the explosion to run that kind of time....hes much more in the realm of brandon spikes in terms of speed, he is pretty slow off the snap when you watch him and a 4.6 at 265 im buying into him 100%

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    That translates into not on Tomlin's draft board.
    SO OVERBLOWN. the man gets treated like a criminal for some unneccsary roughness penalties, hes an emotional player....this would be a good team for him to go to. if not im sure the ravens will scoop him

Thread Information