Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordy Glenn

Bookmark and Share

Cordy Glenn

I figured we may as well open this can of... whatever it is, sooner rather than later. A huge number of mocks have Cordy Glenn to go our way in the draft. What does everyone think about him? Obviously there is no questioning his athletic ability. He can play both guard and tackle, and have done so with great success. That said, I have some questions towards his technique. He does not have elite pass-protection skills, but he sure would open up holes in the running game. I also doubt his zone-blocking scheme understanding, although I have only a couple of games of footage with him so it would not be fair to throw him completely under the buss for this one. Anyways, discuss away.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Cordy Gleen is exactly what we need. We've got to get serious about upgrading the O-line to get the running game back and to protect Ben. This is the player I want with our first
    pick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

i like him but im not sure hes the answer...might prefer konz or osemele as an interior lineman.

wouldnt hate it, but he makes me nervous too just cause hes a solid 350 pounds, there not many players that play at that weight at a high level

My Mood
    Manic
    I'm hoping Konz declares so we can take him #1 this means that when pouncey gets hurt in week 2 we will have a center that can ball .If by some miracle pouncey can stay healthy our O-LINE would be sweet. Konz kinda looks like Alan Faneca in his college highlights

id love konz at center and pouncey at LG, thats sweet sexual magic on turf right there

Konz would be a great pick, but I doubt he'll be available. Cordy Glenn might be a bit overated and could end up to be more of a 3rd round type of player. I need to see more of him to really have a valid opinion though. Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State is currently a pretty probable pick from a need/value/availability standpoint.

There's a couple NT prospects who could wind up being the Steelers 1st round pick. Keep an eye on Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT, 6-3, 335, Washington.

id love taamu in the second, but hes not a first round type of NT imo, poe would be more in that realm just with through the roof potential but i kinda think hes the first DT taken anyway

i have glenn pegged somewhere between andre smith as a guard prospect (could be amazing, shawne andrews-like), could be solid like a bigger justin blalock just a solid player, or he could fall like duke robinson...gotta see how he works out, much more of a higher motor player than robinson and lighter on his feet but we'll see

My Mood
    Manic
    People say that Cordy is quick for a big man but i have yet to see the foot speed to peg him as quick.I watched a ton of tape on Glenn.Sean Kugler love huge linemen they might take him 1st if he is available .Hopefully they trade up for Decastro.Can't we just clone the pouncey bros and play them all next year
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-20-2012 at 12:14 AM.

I'm quite sure DeCastro is going to end up far out of reach for trading up.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Frustrated
    DeCastro most likely is going Top 10....

Thread Information