Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY fans and Steelers fans

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

NY fans and Steelers fans

I don't know why there are so many in here rooting for the Giants. Giants fans despise Steelers fans. They have zero respect for the Steelers and they have zero respect for Roethlisberger. A lot of the animosity comes from the fact that they drafted Eli ahead of Roethlisberger and they all know that Roethlisberger has been much better.

I don't care if its Harbaugh or the Patriots. I rather either of those teams win then for a sloppy 9-7 team to get a ring and actually result in people claiming that Eli is better than Roethlisberger.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I don't know why there are so many in here rooting for the Giants.

Because we universally hate the Patriots and the Rats, and if San Fran wins, they tie us with 6 SB wins. So the Giants are the lesser evil (plus my local team.)

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Because we universally hate the Patriots and the Rats, and if San Fran wins, they tie us with 6 SB wins. So the Giants are the lesser evil (plus my local team.)
    That about sums it up. I can't stand Baltimore so cheering for the Pats was a no brainer. However now that it's over for the Ravens I have to cheer for Giants just a bit because my wife has a soft spot for them and plus the 9ers not getting 6.

Honestly in the end I don't really care that much.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    My thoughts exactly!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I don't care about their silly jealousy. Being from the Bay Area I know some 49er fans. Even have some in my family. I HATE THE 49ers. SO GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!

Hynoski looks good... to bad arians was here last year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If that is the case, they don't like the Steelers because we got Roethlisberger that's just pretty dumb. I get it to a degree I guess but it's not like Eli is the worst QB ever. If anything the Chargers should hate the Steelers because they had a chance to get Rivers and he hasn't done squat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If that is the case, they don't like the Steelers because we got Roethlisberger that's just pretty dumb. I get it to a degree I guess but it's not like Eli is the worst QB ever. If anything the Chargers should hate the Steelers because they had a chance to get Rivers and he hasn't done squat.
    Chargers got Rivers and a first round draft pick for Manning because Eli refused to play for anyone other than the Giants. Giants gave up a lot for Eli.

I agree with the things about SF and 6. Plus I would love to see Eli get a second ring to not only beat the cheats, but also tell Peyton that his career was ok, but not as good as Eli's who would have one more ring than the older Manning.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Chargers got Rivers and a first round draft pick for Manning because Eli refused to play for anyone other than the Giants. Giants gave up a lot for Eli.
    Giants gave up Rivers, the 3rd round pick in 2004 and the first and fifth in 2005.

The chargers picked Kicker Nate Kaeding with the 3rd round pick in 2004, Shawne Merriman with the first pick in 2005 and traded the 2005 5th round pick to Tampa (though I'm not sure what they got back.)

Kaeding and Merriman both made the pro-bowl, with Merriman making it his first 3 years. He had a very nice, but very short career, sustaining a severe knee injury in 2008 and never really recovering.

Interesting enough, the Bolts wound up trading two franchise QBs who both won Super Bowl MVPs in favor of Rivers, who has compiled a 3-4 post season record and hasn't been there in the last 2 years.

Thread Information