Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Bruce Arians

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Thank you Bruce Arians

Yes, that's right. THANK YOU

I truly mean that. And while many greeted the news of Bruce Arians retirement with cheers, I can't help be appreciative of the work he has done. He did help win a Super Bowl and, most importantly, bring our offense into the 21st century.

We'll benefit from finding a more suitable OC but think about his accomplishments (seriously). The Steelers offense used to be a run first, ask questions later mentality...then run the ball some more. He successfully developed a more open passing attack and let Roethlisberger reach his full potential.

His play calling wasn't always understandable, but that's why we're the ones watching on tv and he was on the sideline.

So thank you Bruce, and happy trails!

Ben DEFINETLY HASN'T reached his potential, but I know what you mean

BA was a stiff I thank him for nothing! His **** poor playcalling almost killed the 100 million dollar QB (that and a ****** oline)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Go 'Lers View Post

I truly mean that.

My Mood
    Addicted

I truly mean that. And while many greeted the news of Bruce Arians retirement with cheers, I can't help be appreciative of the work he has done. He did help win a Super Bowl and, most importantly, bring our offense into the 21st century.

if he didn't have one of the greatest defenses EVER, we may not have made the playoffs. and the final drive of SB 43 was all ben and zero bruce. it was backyard football at it's finest. bruce didn't even call the plays on that series, it was ben in a no huddle. unless you think that the winning touchdown play call was: drop back, pump 3 times to 3 different receivers, slide over in the pocket, then throw into triple coverage to holmes in the back corner of the end zone and have him make a tip toe catch.

We'll benefit from finding a more suitable OC but think about his accomplishments (seriously). The Steelers offense used to be a run first, ask questions later mentality...then run the ball some more. He successfully developed a more open passing attack and let Roethlisberger reach his full potential.

did you ever think that the steelers ran the ball, and ran the ball, and ran it some more had anything to do with the lack of a QB...just sayin.

His play calling wasn't always understandable, but that's why we're the ones watching on tv and he was on the sideline.

and there were many more overly qualified people who could have been on the same sideline in his place.

thanks for taking at least 3 years off of our QB's career. thanks for saddling us with an underachieving offense, despite all the weapons that were given to you. thanks for keeping ben from even coming close to achieving his full potential as a QB in this league. thanks for increasing the collective nation's blood pressure every sunday. really, THANKS FOR NOTHING!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Arians wasn't the worst play caller in the league, but he has more than his share of shortcomings as we know. He was not a bad OC calling a game between the 20's. He had games where the overall plan was brilliant.

The problem was a lack of consistency, poor redzone efficiency, and the offensive line.

My Mood
    Addicted
    BA was **** poor at game planning, 3rd and short play calling and horrible in the redzone, so much so that Art Rooney fired him, i know they claimed he retired but best believe they fired Bruce, really he fired himself with horrible game plans for the last 5 years eff him i'm glad he's gone good riddance BA u BUM...I hope they bring in Tom Clements

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BURGH View Post
    BA was **** poor at game planning, 3rd and short play calling and horrible in the redzone, so much so that Art Rooney fired him, i know they claimed he retired but best believe they fired Bruce, really he fired himself with horrible game plans for the last 5 years eff him i'm glad he's gone good riddance BA u BUM...I hope they bring in Tom Clements
    He can thank Arians all he wants to. But in reality, Arians was a cornball OC and we can do alot better. Good riddance.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's cool cause at the end of the day we're all fans of the greatest freakin' football team that has ever taken the field. That being said, I personally believe a retarded midget with tourette's syndrom using a magic 8 ball could have called better games then BA. But, that's just me.

Banned
    Hey BA, go suck a dick!!

Thread Information