Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Bruce Arians officially announces retirement

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If your an available offensive coordinator, there is no better option on the market now then ours.
    Look at the weapons the OC gets to work with!!?? Look at the QB he gets to work with ??!!

I think we will get the best available guy because of what our offense brings.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Haley at all.........I think he could some nice things with the Steelers offense....The interior of the OL must upgraded no matter who the OC is.....

Whoever the OC is that some fans will constantly still complain.....lol Its poor execution by the Steelers offense at times in key moments that killed this team this year as well.....But BA had to go no doubt in my mind......
    its not even his high pass/run ratio that bothered me i really just think he was bad with x's and o's and an overall ****** gameplanner

My Mood
    Addicted
    A delayed handoff in your own endzone...the play that defines Bruce Arians' entire tenure with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its not even his high pass/run ratio that bothered me i really just think he was bad with x's and o's and an overall ****** gameplanner
    I'm actually pretty sure that BAs playbook was pretty good. At times, he'd call a perfect first couple of drives, only to stop thinking at all later on in the game. We need someone who could take BAs playbook and actually make the right calls at the right time imo. (Obviously, he should bring his own playbook, but you get the point).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Plus attacking weaknesses in the game plan before the game starts and then adjusting while the game is being played... He gets an F for that.

My Mood
    Manic
    85 to 90% chance that it is Randy Fitchner's job if he wants it the good news is Ben knows him .the problem is he is unproven.

Sometimes change is good, regardless. Look at how Kugler and Lake improved their respective units. I think Ben learned all he could from Arians, and a change will be good for the whole Offense.

Oh the irony.........just last night I told God that he could take 10 years off my life if he'd just help us get rid of Arians......

What the hell, it was worth every damn minute.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I know Ktrain I'm just saying no matter who the OC is some fans will always complain.......I can't wait to hear the complaints next year when the offense struggles at times.....

I hope they keep most of the offense intact no matter who the OC is but just make minor tweaks in it......Next OC must game plan better and attack a defenses weakness to create mismatches....Arians failed at that big time besides the red zone issues.....We all saw Ben have a great red zone year in 2007 when he threw 32 TD passes ( I think 20+ were in the red zone) and that is without a super freak WR or TE.......So I didn't understand why Arians would try to pound the ball 5 yards and in with this crappy OL....lol Unless that was the order from the Art II when he was so passionate on the Steelers being a better running team.........

Johnson and Saunders both had TD catches this year.....Arians failed bad at using all his player consistently at times with the passing game.......I'm not saying either of these guys will be Gronk in the red zone but I was tired of the same old predictable crap in the red zone......

My Mood
    Addicted
    all i can say is...

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information