Thread: Tom Clements as OC ??

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Brad Childress - no thanks
    Tom Clements - i would love
    Jim Caldwell - dark horse
    Todd Haley - no thanks
    Brian Daboll - no thanks
    Al Saunders - isnt this guy old as hell?
    Randy Fichtner - possibility, but rather not
    Brian Shotty - no thanks
    Schotty and Mcdaniels already have new jobs.

We need an OC that will allow Ben the no huddle and also force him to clean up some of his dumb habits.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ben needs to move past Sandlot ball and Step up with the other elite QB's. I like some of his No Huddle but he always wants to chuck it down field instead of pickling up the first & Move the damn chains or takes a stupid sack that takes us out of field goal range.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Clements is being mentioned as a candidate for the Packers offensive coordinator job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Ben needs to move past Sandlot ball and Step up with the other elite QB's
    Funny thing about sandlot football, at least when I played, there was no offensive line. So I guess until the team steps up to give him an offensive line, he'll have to keep playing sandlot.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Brad Childress - no thanks
    Tom Clements - i would love
    Jim Caldwell - dark horse
    Todd Haley - no thanks
    Brian Daboll - no thanks
    Al Saunders - isnt this guy old as hell?
    Randy Fichtner - possibility, but rather not
    Brian Shotty - no thanks
    BlitzrurghRockCity said: " Clements is being mentioned as a candidate for the Packers offensive coordinator job."

The hiring of Philbin by Miami sure made things interesting. This guy was GB's OC and I must admit I did not even know GB had an OC. I thought McCarthy doubled as Head Coach and OC.

Now then, of course, GB needs an OC, but since it seems to be only a token title, maybe Clements would prefer going elsewhere. This could also mean the new Miami coach takes Clements along with him to Miami and Miami lets Daboll go.

From FF Footballguys news: "Offensive coordinator Brian Daboll had feelers from other teams after the regular season. The Dolphins denied him permission to interview elsewhere, according to a source. While his fate in Miami has not been sealed, it is a long shot he will return to the staff, according to a source." ------There doesn't seem to be much interest in him but I don't know why.

Anyway I had narrowed it down to Clements, The in-house candidate and if released maybe Daboll

But now, after reading Gene Collier's hilarious article in the PG there are a few more names to be added to the list.

"But, today, I fear they seriously are overcomplicating the offensive coordinator search, particularly in a city where there is an offensive coordinator every 30 feet. In fact, when they announce the attendance at Heinz Field, I think they now say, "Today's attendance, 63,881 offensive coordinators."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12025...#ixzz1kRp4Iz6J

Note: I did not post the link. When I copy-pasted the paragraph from the article it added the link.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I'm pretty sure Clements came off the table as soon as Philbin left for Miami.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplaysteel View Post
    Note: I did not post the link. When I copy-pasted the paragraph from the article it added the link.
    I've seen a bunch of sites doing that. So they get the proper credit (and link back to the original article) since people tend to copy and paste stuff to other sites frequently. I very much prefer this method to the prevent copy and paste at all method that some other places use.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Adam Schefter from ESPN reported tonight that Clements has been named the new Packers OC. His name is officially off the table now.

Thread Information