Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Cut Hines and bring this guy back!
    Time for Hines to RETIRE

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 05:39 AM ---

I'm sure I'll get flamed out here but this team needs to quit being so damn loyal to the vets, if they're washed up (Farrior, Hines, Foote, etc) cut them loose!

Cotchery can contribute at a higher level than Hines, to me it's a no brainer!

Im with moving on from Ward and keeping Cotchery. It just makes sense.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I find it strange he's willing to return as # 4 receiver rather than looking for a team were he has a chance to start.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hines won't retire this year, as we've discussed. Either he takes a very big paycut or he'll leave and play for another team. If he decides to stay though, there will be room for both him and Cotch. No need to worry about that.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm sure I'll get flamed out here but this team needs to quit being so damn loyal to the vets, if they're washed up (Farrior, Hines, Foote, etc) cut them loose!

Cotchery can contribute at a higher level than Hines, to me it's a no brainer!
    No flame from me bro. Your exactly right. When guys can't produce at the level required, give them season tickets for life but move them off of the team. This is nothing personal. Strictly buisness.

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 10:55 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I find it strange he's willing to return as # 4 receiver rather than looking for a team were he has a chance to start.

Ward is trying to hang on becuase he has a sense of family here. And I get that. But he's got to move on. Someone needs to have a behind the scenes discussion with him about retirement. He has to go get a real life now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    That is music to my earhole hopefully they can get the money right. I HE COMES BACK IT MAY BE THE END OF wARDS tenure in the Steel city

it's all good to say "i want to come back", but back that up in negotiations! remember fanaca wanted to come back but his asking price was too high.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No flame from me bro. Your exactly right. When guys can't produce at the level required, give them season tickets for life but move them off of the team. This is nothing personal. Strictly buisness.

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 10:55 AM ---

Ward is trying to hang on becuase he has a sense of family here. And I get that. But he's got to move on. Someone needs to have a behind the scenes discussion with him about retirement. He has to go get a real life now.
    Cotchery wants a ring that is why he will come back as a4th receiver plus he could beat out anyone on the team with the exception of brown for their spot

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    it's all good to say "i want to come back", but back that up in negotiations! remember fanaca wanted to come back but his asking price was too high.
    Faneca was still in the prime of his career at that time. He could get the money that he asking from the Steelers elsewhere. Hines is not going to be a big time WR anywhere else in the league.

My Mood
    Mellow
    hines should just retire. what more does he have to do? he won 2 super bowls, was an MVP in one of them, 1000 receptions and is the all-time WR is steelers history. time to go off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of your life. i love ya hines, but it's time to move on.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information