Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cotchery says he wants to return in 2012

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cotchery says he wants to return in 2012

From 93.7 The Fan - Cotchery said that everything was positive about his first year as a Steeler, and the organization was everything he expected it to be. About his status as a free agent, Cotchery said that he would love to return to the black and gold next season.

Listen to the audio here.

A few highlights from the interview. "Jerricho said he had a great time in Pittsburgh, and was blown away about how the Steelers handle business. I would love to come back, I expressed that to the coaches. Hopefully something can get done".

He had a meeting with Tomlin, and said it went very well. The coaches like what he brings to the table.

On Bruce Arians not coming back possibly: He says he didn't know the specifics on it but he has great respect for Arians and the guys love the system he has. He says the team would love to see him back but has no idea how that will play out.

On the teams Redzone problems: "Just make the plays". At the end of the day you have to make the tough plays. Some teams make it look easy but it's really not.

After the play where the team tied Denver: He said the team felt like it was their game, their time to come back and win. It's a testament to the guys never giving up even when they were down 14.

On Tim Tebow throwing so much: We forced him to throw it that much and he just made the plays.

On Antonio Brown: The best thing about Antonio, he comes to work. He's working hard every day, never takes a day off. It's nice to see it paying off for him. It's fun watching him work.

Do the big 3 need a veteran presence: I think they are ready to carry the load but you always need a veteran presence in the room. Without one you can take a hit alittle bit, but you need to have a veteran around.

My Mood
    Mellow
    i want him to return as well.

side note, i used to be a residents assistant at NC State at a place that housed a lot of the athletes...mainly football. i still remember checking cotchery in on his first day. the name jericho just stuck out too me. great kid, was a hell of a receiver for the wolfpack, and i hope he does return.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'd like to see him return too. He's the perfect guy for the underneath stuff in the slot. He and Miller are great security blankets for Ben.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Cut Hines and bring this guy back!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Fire Arians and make Cotch #3

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i want him to return as well.

side note, i used to be a residents assistant at NC State at a place that housed a lot of the athletes...mainly football. i still remember checking cotchery in on his first day. the name jericho just stuck out too me. great kid, was a hell of a receiver for the wolfpack, and i hope he does return.

That's a cool story!

I'm all for him returning too. I don't see both he and Hines returning and if I had to pick one, sadly I'd say you have to keep Jerricho. He's got more years left in him and is as capable as anyone being a veteran presence for the receivers.

I'm sure I'll get flamed out here but this team needs to quit being so damn loyal to the vets, if they're washed up (Farrior, Hines, Foote, etc) cut them loose!

Cotchery can contribute at a higher level than Hines, to me it's a no brainer!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Hell yes! Bring the man back!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Duhs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    No cut Battle and bring Jericho back...I just want Hines to get his 3rd SuperBowl ring, i'm sure he'll take a reduced roll as well as a reduced pay check.
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 01-19-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Thread Information