Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians may not return in 2012; try to keep your composure ;)

Bookmark and Share
    Perhaps we could help BA out by all going to his house while he and Ben are in Hawaii and packing up all his ****. I haven't been this excited since figured out how to get free Playboy channel on cable.

It's hit or miss with Arians, the blame is usually placed his way after a loss.

He may (and this may surprise people) not be as inept as many fans believe. BUT with talent like this that currently comprise our offensive roster we need a guy who can give us the best chance for another Super Bowl in the Roethlisberger era.

Think about, Roethlisberger will be remembered as one of the toughest qb's in the game. He's also going into his ninth year (yea, where did the time go?). Even though he has 5-6 more years he's not getting younger and we need another Lombardi for the trophy case before the window shuts for a few years!

Here We Go!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    I haven't been this excited since figured out how to get free Playboy channel on cable.

Would love to see him go to Baltimore, New England or Cincy.. they need any "help"??

Arians retiring?

Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bruce Arians is strongly considering retirement.

If Dulac is reporting it, you can bet it came directly from Arians. The two are pretty close.

Most Steelers fans will rejoice at the news that Arians is considering retirement again - Ben Roethlisberger reportedly talked him out of it last year.

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner would be the in-staff replacement for the Steelers.

The team will also be searching for a replacement for running backs coach Kirby Wilson, who suffered burns over 45 percent of his body in a fire in his home earlier this month.

Wilson faces a long recovery before he's out of the woods with his injuries.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Let's put this in perspective. Although you may not be willing to admit it, you know Ben would probably struggle next season under a completely new system. Sure, he could always do better too, but I'm not so sure. Therefore, if this is indeed true that BA is heading out to pasture, I have two names for you. First is the easy one. If Tomlin wants to keep things fairly status quo then QB coach Randy Fitchner will get the job. If Tomlin chooses to go more extreme, look for recently fired Colts' HC Jim Caldwell to get a look. He was Manning's QB coach and is a member of the Dungy tree like Tomlin.

Just food for thought.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Don't tease me with these type of rumors... lol

Got a nagging feeling Ben will talk him round again!

My Mood
    Mellow
    this might actually be out of ben's hands finally. this just might be a rooney family telling brucie that it's time to "retire"....maybe, just maybe....
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

I heard today on the radio that Ben has a best friend from high school that coached racing toads that's in the running if BA should retire!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I got this from pit.scout.com from Jim Wexell...it was a Q&A with Wex and someone asked this:

Do we have any young coaches on our staff who impress you? Ray Horton did a tremendous job in AZ and was being mentioned as a head-coaching candidate for the Rams. Do we have any candidates on the offensive staff that would keep the "consistency" and also improve the team’s production?

2. As for young coaches, that really is hard to gauge. I remember when I reported that TE coach Ken Whisenhunt was the OC-in-waiting a long time ago, and the last couple of years I’ve been told that Randy Fichtner is the top internal OC candidate. I worry about Fichtner’s youth and inexperience in a way I never did in former player Whisenhunt. However, Fichtner father is a revered coach and I know that’s help provide Fichtner with broad respect among his peers. He was a popular choice to return to Memphis (former OC whose spread offense from 2001-06 smashed school records) as the head coach. And perhaps the fact that Fichtner wasn’t hired for the job in December, a job he said he wanted, is part of the reason Arians is reportedly not coming back. Perhaps a deal was made with Tomlin then

Not sure how I feel about Fichtner. I see him being another "yes man" to Ben and he will likely yield the same results as BA.

I'd feel comfortable if the Steelers went after OC who already has had success ala Todd Haley.

Thread Information