Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Move Ziggy Hood to NT in 2012?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It is possible to stick Heyward in Hood's spot and then move Ziggy inside. Cam is strong as a friggin ox, he showed flashes of serious defensive line play this season. I can remember several times him getting ahold of the back with 1 hand and just dragging him down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I've liked the progress that Hood has made, although it's been a SLOW process. I'm just not sure he's stout enough to take on a Center and Guard and occupy those blocks enough. If the NT gets blown off the ball the offense is going to run it down your throats all day long.
    hed be playing like a 1 gap NT, it would be more like dallas 34 but hes absolutely stout enough, he wins one on one matchups and lined up over center hes at his best
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Woods is like Keisel size, hopefully he sees he is at the end of his tryouts... we are team three now right?
    hes much bigger and built much more like a NT, which is his natural position. keisel is built more like a gigantic LB

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He does win his one on one matchups but the times when teams do play him with a Guard and Center at the same time, can he hold up consistently? I would like to think so but I saw him bet blown up this season on many occasions.

his getting blown up is because when hes playing outside he tries to bend the corner like a DE or an OLB....he doesnt stack and shed well on the outside because he wants to be a pass rusher, and hes too slow and ultimately gets pushed out of the play.

i say tell him to eat a lot, put on another 10-15 pounds and weve got a solid, yet unconvential NT of the future.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think McLendon is almost stronger at the point of attack right now just based on watching him play. If Hood can put on some weight then it would be somewhat unconventional but it could work, yeah. I agree with how he gets blown up, which is what makes me wonder how much better he's going to get out there. He has improved but man it's been a slow process to watch.

I guess we're just spoiled with having Aaron Smith be such a beast for so long there.

Kiper's Mock Draft 1.0:

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Record: 12-4*
    Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    Dick LeBeau can do a lot of things, but he can't scheme around age. The Steelers were very good on defense this season, but they simply have to get younger, particularly up front, if they want to maintain it. Poe has risen a lot for me in terms of value, but he's also a rarity, that zero-technique centerpiece to a 3-4 defense, the guy who simply eats up tacklers and is a human wall in the run game. If he develops, Poe can be the heir to Casey Hampton in the middle of that scheme, a human boulder who will free up those linebackers"

Went to Memphis' website... this guy is listen at 6'5 350.... thats insane... KTrain, whats the scouting report on this guy?

his potential is unreal, however despite looking the part im not sure how i feel about him on a 3 man line, hes just not as powerful of an anchor as he should be and isnt the best at shedding blocks...wouldnt be upset at him, but 1) he could very well be the first DT off the board, and 2) taamu or chapman in round 2 might be more bang for your buck.

My Mood
    Fine
    Doesn't Hood play the nose/off centered Nose on passing downs anyway? We have AL woods, Corbin Bryant and signed DL Mike Blanc and Kade Weston. I was hoping Keith Butler was being Promoted to DC.

My Mood
    Breezy
    i agree's with that!

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    If Ziggy can play nose, then it lessens the need on the DLine and Hampton could be let go. We'd still have to pick someone quite high though.

Ideally, they'll look for a decent MILB to replace Farrior and a decent guard to plug into the OL, and then look to fill the other needs via the draft.

Thread Information