Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Giants/Packers game

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Packers sat down Rodgers in the last game of the season, basically not playing him for 3 weeks until they lost last night. He was clearly rusty, and the receivers were dropping passes all over the place. They paid the price for resting Rodgers too much.

Credit the Giants big time for putting all kinds of pressure and forcing turnovers. Let's face it, Lambeau ain't the same place it used to be.
    All them drops. Man that was beautiful. Just goes to show, that really, any winner can become a loser real fast in this game called NFL football.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think as the season went on and the Packers were still unbeaten after 13 games they became more full of themselves and got more arrogant and started believing their own hype and I think that was their downfall. I noticed Aaron Rodgers at his post game press conferences started to become more arrogant then he was a year ago before he won the Super Bowl. I just think all the commercials that you started seeing Rodgers do with Clay Matthews started to go to their heads too much among other things just made me sick of the Packers and made me glad that they got booted yesterday and were 1 and done.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I think as the season went on and the Packers were still unbeaten after 13 games they became more full of themselves and got more arrogant and started believing their own hype and I think that was their downfall. I noticed Aaron Rodgers at his post game press conferences started to become more arrogant then he was a year ago before he won the Super Bowl. I just think all the commercials that you started seeing Rodgers do with Clay Matthews started to go to their heads too much among other things just made me sick of the Packers and made me glad that they got booted yesterday and were 1 and done.
    That interview was surreal. Rodgers sounded like he actually won the game. Is he on drugs too?

And their fans.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Watching Eli & Giants beat the Patsies in 2007 was, outside of Steeler wins in '06 and '09, my favorite Superbowl in recent history. Eli, Ben, and Rivers all hail from the class of '04. Wouldn't mind seeing Eli get his 2nd ring. Might light a fire under Ben's arse. Tom Coughlin is Old School and Jints play defense too.
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Tom Coughlin is Old School and Jints play defense too.
    Coughlin is a real head coach who was always able to put together an offense through the building of a great offensive line that allows for a running game and is able to give his quarterback 3-5 comfortable seconds on every snap. He lit up the Steelers using McCardell, Smith and Brunell back when defenses were truly great, and he has used a career 80 QB rated quarterback like Eli and has paired him with receivers and a game plan to go to the NFC Championship. I would trade LeBeau, Tomlin, one of the Rooneys, every single one of our offensive linemen, Mendenhall, Wallace, Heath Miller, and every single Steeler fan that actually thinks Tomlin is a good coach in exchange for Coughlin.

Thread Information