Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Giants/Packers game

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    No, you put Romo, Schaub, Stafford, and Eli ahead of Roethlisberger. But let's move on. SO have you ever seen Roethlisberger get 8-10 comfortable seconds in the pocket?
    Nope, and he never will. So thats why we need a run game with a good play action attack to it. Which is why he would be a better "manager" qb than a "carrying" qb.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Nope, and he never will. So thats why we need a run game with a good play action attack to it. Which is why he would be a better "manager" qb than a "carrying" qb.
    Stack the box while applying pressure against a weak offensive line. We're not running anything without a proper offensive line, and if we have a proper offensive line then we might as well pass like everyone else is. Our quarterback has the arm and the accuracy, it makes no sense to not let him pass if he has the line for it.

NY has some nice blitzing OLB's and Milb's they are quick and they spin and turn and flip to get the QB. They seem to stay out of the headlock hold.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Defense missing or not (that's what all the GB luvers are saying). The Giants looked good. The refs were definitely on Green Bay's side. That's right I saw what you saw. Congratulations Giants, a 9 and 7 team going into the play-offs.

And their fans.

The Giants showed up ready to play. The Packers appeared to be unprepared and flat, let's not foget there was a lot of emotions with the passing of the OC's son...

All in all the Giants put it to them and were the better team, kudos to Eli and his offense!

2nd String
    I saw a Packer jump into the stands with the fans and not get called. I saw that like 5 times since I saw a Steeler do it at the beginning of the year and get called for "excessive celebration."

I saw Aaron Rogers rushed, and he made mistakes. That right there was the difference.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well when a defense can put pressure on a QB makes a huge difference....Rodgers looked really average yesterday.....Ben gets pressured all the time and takes a beating......Its time for the Steelers to really fix the interior of the offensive line......

As for Eli I always liked Eli and don't think he is average at all but I still would take Ben over him......But I love Hakeem Nicks....He was a beast at North Carolina and would have loved for him to be a Steeler......Victor Cruz came out of nowhere to have a damn good year for the Giants......Mario Manningham can be a big play maker but he is so inconsistent......

As for the Steelers WRs........If Mike Wallace could get the sand out of vagina and not sulk at times he could be a great WR......I don't know how anybody can knock Antonio Brown in his first year as a starter and he wasn't the starter the whole year he had a a damn good year.....As for Sanders a foot injury plagued him all year which ruined his season.......Knock Arians to for not using these guys right at times...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Packers sat down Rodgers in the last game of the season, basically not playing him for 3 weeks until they lost last night. He was clearly rusty, and the receivers were dropping passes all over the place. They paid the price for resting Rodgers too much.

Credit the Giants big time for putting all kinds of pressure and forcing turnovers. Let's face it, Lambeau ain't the same place it used to be.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Rodgers took two weeks off because he didn't play the last game of the season. And it hurt him. Wr's for the packers were dropping balls or getting stripped.

The Giants came to play. Simple as that. They ran a great cover 2 scheme back there also. I didn't see the urgency in the Packers like I saw in the Giants either.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Do people still consider the Packers WR's as the best in the NFL?

Thread Information