Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Arians, hire Todd Haley as new OC

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm blaming Tomlin now! He's an idiot with some fancy talking to fool people into believing in him!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Since a lot of people (including myself) do not think that BA is a good OC and he is still around due to Big Ben's Pleading to keep him here
    This is a cop out for Tomlin. Roethlisberger doesn't own or coach the team. Arians is still here because Tomlin is pathetic.

Haley is an *******, dont know if he'd help or hurt Ben

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    if we got new OC (but wont happ), i dont want Martz, or Haley or Schotty. I want an OC who runs 2012 NFL football... We have the QB and WR's to open it up.

The days of the Feature Power Back are dead. Ben is at his best moving in pocket and running no-huddle, thats what i want to see...

any other kind of offense wont work bc there isnt many feature backs left in the NFL and if we dont change our offense we will still be playing catch up to the likes of NE, GB, NO, Det, NYG hell even Hou when Schawb is healthy. 2/3rds of the teams in the NFL scored more pts than us. Our offense was the second to last scoring offense that made the playoffs (Den).

Get with the now...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Haley is an *******, dont know if he'd help or hurt Ben
    And Bruce sucks *******s!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The reason Ben lobbies for BA to stay is, Ben would have to change his style of play. A new OC would bring change that Ben doesn't want. Get the OL problems fixed, keep
    Ben in the pocket where Ben has time to drop back and go through his progressions, he would be able to pick a defense apart by utilizing all his receivers. There is not one WR/TE on our roster that doesn't have the ability to turn a 5 yard reception into a 20-30+ yard gain. That would also help fix our RZ problems.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    The days of the Feature Power Back are dead.

Get with the now...
    Have to disagree, respectfully. Without a decent running game NO NFL team is a complete package. Give me back the days when we lined up, told the defense what play we were gonna run, and dare them to stop it.

Fire Arians, fix the O-line, and get back to STEELER football. And I know you guys won't like it but here it is.......If big Ben doesn't like it, send his *** packing too. He's not a coach or owner, he's a player.

Ben makes the oline look bad! A new OC with new plays would make the oline shine!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    Have to disagree, respectfully. Without a decent running game NO NFL team is a complete package. Give me back the days when we lined up, told the defense what play we were gonna run, and dare them to stop it.

Fire Arians, fix the O-line, and get back to STEELER football. And I know you guys won't like it but here it is.......If big Ben doesn't like it, send his *** packing too. He's not a coach or owner, he's a player.
    I agree. Look at the impact Vonte Leech had for the Ravens run game this year. Kinda makes you miss Kreider blocking the way for our backs back in the day. I wish we would get a true fullback and go to running the ball and controlling the clock again with Ben throwing for about 25 times a game.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    The days of the Feature Power Back are dead.
    Rumors of that death are greatly exaggerated. As soon as one team builds that kind of offense and starts thumping these high powered offenses, the whole league will shift back.

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 02:18 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ben makes the oline look bad! A new OC with new plays would make the oline shine!!
    The OLine looks bad because it is bad. Ben holds the ball way too long and takes sacks that he should look to avoid, but teams are able to get really good pressure and sacks rushing 3 and 4 against our 5 man line.

Thread Information