Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wes Saunders should get more reps in 2012

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

    Wes Saunders should get more reps in 2012

    I was talking with BG32 about this earlier this evening and it got me thinking. This kid showed some nice flashes of potential this year in the limited snaps that he got. He's got the talent, just needs to develop it, and I'd like to see him take over for David Johnson next season as the primary backup and hopefully get more looks from Ben. It's still early but he could be the next big thing if he keeps improving.

  2. #2
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,954
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I was talking with BG32 about this earlier this evening and it got me thinking. This kid showed some nice flashes of potential this year in the limited snaps that he got. He's got the talent, just needs to develop it, and I'd like to see him take over for David Johnson next season as the primary backup and hopefully get more looks from Ben. It's still early but he could be the next big thing if he keeps improving.

  3. #3
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Of course you can't ever predict how someone is going to perform in the future but I think he was a gem in this past years draft, especially coming in as an undrafted free agent. If he doesn't push Johnson this season (assuming johnson is still on the team) then there's something wrong.

  4. #4
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Of course you can't ever predict how someone is going to perform in the future but I think he was a gem in this past years draft, especially coming in as an undrafted free agent. If he doesn't push Johnson this season (assuming johnson is still on the team) then there's something wrong.
    He was 1st round talent, but had character issues at South Carolina. Hoping they utilize his abilities more in 2012.

  5. #5
    2nd String UKSTEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dudley, United Kingdom
    Posts
    627
    Saunders could be a great asset - 2012 he'll see more action, break 25 catches I'll be amazed! This is Arians remember?

  6. #6
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,705
    My Mood
    Manic
    I've been saying this all season

  7. #7
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Look at what those athletic TE's did yesterday in the Saints/49ers game and in the Patriots big win. All those players are just monster targets and their QB's use them the way they are meant to be used.

    If Pittsburgh would just use Heath Miller in a similar role or get Saunders more snaps using the short passes the offense would be incredibly unstoppable.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Look at what those athletic TE's did yesterday in the Saints/49ers game and in the Patriots big win.
    This is one of the big reasons why we need a new MILB. We need someone that can cover those guys, because with the success of the TEs over this year and yesterday, the NFL will adopt that big time in the future.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is Wes Saunders the next Heath Miller
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. It was a tough road to the NFL for Wesley Saunders
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •