Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We need a real back-up QB

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Allegations need some complaints filed to be investigated further otherwise it would be defamation or liable or some other legal b.s. that would be brought forth against the false accusers. If I'm reading your post right I don't think other teams would jeopardize that to just get at other team's star players.
    You're right, teams probably wouldn't risk it, but it's possible. In order to prove defamation of character, you would have to prove the allegation/s are a lie. That is sometimes impossible to do unless the person making the allegations admits to lying.

I'm 200% positive that that suspension wouldn't have gone down if the Moral Rooneys didn't agree to it. And I'm 300% positive that the owners of the teams I mentioned, along with others, would've never agreed to the suspension.

I am 201% sure that the Rooneys were tired of Bens allegations and their moral fortitude was to let the legal process take its course and they would decide from there. They were prob. caught between not knowing and releasing a franchise QB and not knowing and keeping their franchise QB. Maybe their acceptance of the four game suspension WAS an acceptance of confidence in the back up QBs. Although it wasn't carried over to this year is a mystery.

I am 301% sure that the other QBs mentioned did not have previous sexual misconduct allegations. They just marry super models and the likebastards
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Banned
    I am 301% sure that the other QBs mentioned did not have previous sexual misconduct allegations. They just marry super models and the likebastards
    It doesn't matter if there were 5 allegations, Brady, Mannings, Rivers, Romo, McNabb (when he was on Philadelphia), Palmer (on Cincinnati or the Raiders), Rodgers, Brees, and Sanchez would've never been suspended because the owners of their teams wouldn't have allowed it. They would've called Goodell, threatened legal action and a public relations blitz, and the league wouldn't have wanted to risk the situation being turned on them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    It doesn't matter if there were 5 allegations, Brady, Mannings, Rivers, Romo, McNabb (when he was on Philadelphia), Palmer (on Cincinnati or the Raiders), Rodgers, Brees, and Sanchez would've never been suspended because the owners of their teams wouldn't have allowed it. They would've called Goodell, threatened legal action and a public relations blitz, and the league wouldn't have wanted to risk the situation being turned on them.
    Those are big market media teams so I can see your point. But you just mentioned 8 of the glory boys of the nfl with no previous negative media interactions. I can see their owners defending them, but I can also see the Rooneys not defending Big Ben to the NFL (and in direct part to the media due to todays extensive coverage of the nfl) because of his previous allegations. If it was Ben's first ripple, I would whole-heartedly agree. Ben has a "checkered" past whether it is warranted or not. FO got rid of super bowl mvp Holmes and all pro faneca due to contract issues and off field reasons. They stood by ben but at a price.....letting the 4-game suspension go thru.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't have a real problem with the back up QB's whether it be Lefty or Batch or Dixon. The problem is that the coaching staff did not have the confidence to put in those guys when our starter really needed the recovery time. That exhibits a lack of preparation by coaches or players and complacency by the coaches. Why the San Fran and Clev. game when a playoff spot was secure? I know hindsight, etc, etc. But two weeks off for Ben and Maurkice would have been very beneficial. Hopefully they learn from that. I don't think the problem lies in the back up players skill but with the coaching staff's lack of foresight.
    Exactly. We don't need starter quality but we need a guy who gets the ball out of his hands into the play makers hands. That's not asking to much. Even for a team
    over the cap.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Steelers have been fortunate over the years to have Charlie Batch on the roster. In light of all the injuries that Leftwich has suffered, Batch has been able to stay healthy for the most part. Granted not playing much will do that for ya, haha. I would say within the next couple of years you need to start grooming the QB of the future for the Steelers. That will be no small task considering our team is usually drafting late.

As long as Arians is calling the plays on offense, who the hell would want the back up QB job? The man is gonna get someone killed with his stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    As long as Arians is calling the plays on offense, who the hell would want the back up QB job? The man is gonna get someone killed with his stupidity.
    I like the way you think!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The more I think about this situation, the more I think the Steelers may just cut ties with both Leftwich and Dixon, make Batch the primary backup and see what they can find in the draft in the later rounds as a 3rd option. I would like to see Lefty stick around and be the main backup but the dude just can't stay healthy. The one thing that always drove me nuts with Byron is that long throwing motion. By the time he gets the ball out of his hands the defense is on top of him.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Okay.........we finally got a capable Backup QB! They must have read my thread!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information