Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Tomlin to be a "Head Coach" when it comes to Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    Right on I don't have a problem with him as a coach more a leader.

He wears the leash and the players lead him!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 01-14-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Tomlin gives the impression that he doesn't want to criticise his own players and coaches. He was NOT impressive this year, but I hope he can only get better from here.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Indeed, he won't criticize anyone openly. I can see that to a point but if they continue to no produce or make the same mistakes over and over the message clearly isn't getting through in practice either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The issue isn't tomlin or ben it is lack of confidence in our back up QB's we should have drafted one last year the kid from wisconsin.if we did that maybe we beat the niner's?once we qualified for the playoffs he should have been shut down . In the event that we won and made it to the super bowl .
    This makes little sense. The backup quarterback, whoever it may be, it just as likely to get brutalized behind this offensive line as Roethlisberger.

The problem isn't just Roethlisberger's injury. The problem is how and why he was injured. We've had the same $hit offensive line for 5 years now. As bad as Arians is, not even a new coordinator will make a difference without this line being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Our defense was average all year long and we couldn't stop Mickey mouse if he was running.
    This makes zero sense considering where the Steelers defense finished this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    This makes little sense. The backup quarterback, whoever it may be, it just as likely to get brutalized behind this offensive line as Roethlisberger.

The problem isn't just Roethlisberger's injury. The problem is how and why he was injured. We've had the same $hit offensive line for 5 years now. As bad as Arians is, not even a new coordinator will make a difference without this line being fixed.

This makes zero sense considering where the Steelers defense finished this season.
    NYSteeler, I read your arguments against Tomlin, and I'm not gonna go there....he was out-coached this year since the first game. But let's hope he gets better from here.

Our Defense was not impressive this year, we couldn't stop the run all year long. You can't blame this on Tomlin, can you?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

[QUOTE=NYCsteelersfan;475468]This makes little sense. The backup quarterback, whoever it may be, it just as likely to get brutalized behind this offensive line as Roethlisberger.

I agree on the backup QB point, the off. line definitely needs some depth. The front office has made a nice start in trying to draft new talent into the off. and def. lines and we need to continue this for the next 3-4 years. Every year its the same old problem with injuries and age. 1st, 2nd, rd picks should be lineman on either side of the ball unless they're a reach. A FA starter wouldn't hurt but we all know that's not the usual way they do things. Let's keep our QB healthy by protecting him, not by adding more targets now that we have a good WR core, etc.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Lots of local diehard fans not please w Tomlin, not just 20-30 of us out here!!

Banned
    NYSteeler, I read your arguments against Tomlin, and I'm not gonna go there....he was out-coached this year since the first game. But let's hope he gets better from here.

Our Defense was not impressive this year, we couldn't stop the run all year long. You can't blame this on Tomlin, can you?
    Do you know where the team was ranked in points allowed? And do you know where they were ranked in run defense? Whatever deficiencies the defense has, it's due to personnel. Tomlin is in charge of personnel.

NYSteeler, I read your arguments against Tomlin, and I'm not gonna go there....
    You can go there, I don't mind. I've said it several times and I'll never stop thinking it. Tomlin was hired because the Rooneys felt they needed to publicly (and possibly privately) support the Rooney Rule. Does that mean there aren't good Black head coaches? Of course not. I would take Dungy over almost any other head coach in the league. Tomlin on the other hand is in over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Do you know where the team was ranked in points allowed? And do you know where they were ranked in run defense? Whatever deficiencies the defense has, it's due to personnel. Tomlin is in charge of personnel.

You can go there, I don't mind. I've said it several times and I'll never stop thinking it. Tomlin was hired because the Rooneys felt they needed to publicly (and possibly privately) support the Rooney Rule. Does that mean there aren't good Black head coaches? Of course not. I would take Dungy over almost any other head coach in the league. Tomlin on the other hand is in over his head.
    He definitely needs to be sat down by the front office and talked to about his deficiencies. I liked that LeBeau was here when he was hired because of his inexperience and I remember how he put his foot on the throttle the first training camp/preseason to show his authority or whatever, but the second year he let off considerably due to the team's age etc. I don't think he's put the "throttle" down when needed ever since then. supposedly we're built for the playoffs but I don't see the difference in mentality from the regular season to the post season. I thought we came out flat in the super bowl and also in this year's loss. A complacent veteran team who is tired where hungry young players are playing second fiddle to vets who are spent due to injuries and playoff runs of years past.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    I thought we came out flat in the super bowl and also in this year's loss. A complacent veteran team who is tired where hungry young players are playing second fiddle to vets who are spent due to injuries and playoff runs of years past.
    Your second point could be a possible factor, but I think the issue is more a matter of your first point. The team comes out flat against good teams because the offense's sever deficiencies are exposed and Tomlin is badly out-coached.

Thread Information