Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Tomlin to be a "Head Coach" when it comes to Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight
    It all starts with the FO, who knows they may have the final say with any decision so either if we see MT makeing bad calls either in the game or personnel most likely FO sees it OR FO make the decisions about the other side of the game, then that goes to ownership to decide then they need to put their foot down or depart ways with FO and MT's decisions.

Start's at the top

By the way the man did help takes us to 2 SB and we make the playoffs every year are we that spoiled that now we expect nothing less than a SB, I say yes
    Last edited by Blazedby92; 01-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

I'm over Tomlin and current staff!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I will admit, I can see the point of playing Ben in that 49ers game because of what was on the line.
    Me too, until I saw Big Ben warming up, if you could even call it that. I was stunned they put him out there after seeing the lack of mobility in the freaking warmups! A complete joke IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Sadly, so am I.

Ben is a top 10 for me right now. BUT with some direction and good playcalling he could be top 5 IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    Me too, until I saw Big Ben warming up, if you could even call it that. I was stunned they put him out there after seeing the lack of mobility in the freaking warmups! A complete joke IMO.

Sadly, so am I.
    It's a shame really, all he'd have to do is man up!!

Really? wow, I mean give the guy a couple more years... Yeah, he made mistakes this year with clock mgmt...etc, but I still take him over Cowher at the same timeline Cowher was coach.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Show me you're in charge Mike! What has he done to prove this? Putting an old washed up WR on the bench??? Not enough for me!!

Show me you're in charge Mike! What has he done to prove this? Putting an old washed up WR on the bench??? Not enough for me!!
    No reason to whine because we went all the way to Denver and got Tebowed by and 8-8 team...Tomline doesn't play the game...Our defense was average all year long and we couldn't stop Mickey mouse if he was running.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Not whining just stating a fact.. He's a puss that gets coached by his players!

He should have gotten rid of BA, we all agree on that. Other than that though I think Tomlin is a pretty great headcoach for us. We have to remember, he is young and still have a lot to learn in terms of being a HC. We cannot expect him to bring us to the Superbowl every year. Does that mean we should just mindlessly accept what he is doing? Of course not, but in my opinion it is not the time to be calling for his head either. There are PLENTY of examples in the NFL with teams canning to coach only to find themselves loosing even more afterwards.

If you start asking the question as to whether or not Tomlin should be fired, you open a can of worms. If he should go, so should pretty much all of Steelers staff. You had to fire all of the condition coaches and medical staff for not doing a good enough job to keep the players healthy. You'd have to fire Colbert for not bringing in enough talent through the draft on key positions, thus allowing this team to get old without having enough quality behind them. You could keep on firing people and then start rebuilding the entire staff... Does anyone honestly believe that would make us any better than now?
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    jensk, i don't think anyone (maybe some) is calling for tomlin to be fired. i just think we see where his weaknesses lie and where he can improve on being a head coach.

to me, i feel like he has no balls and doesn't take charge of the team. he relies entirely on his coordinators and doesn't step in when things aren't going well and is content on seeing the same thing over and over again.

"the standard is the standard" and "we don't win pretty" just aren't cutting it. why can't we win pretty once in a while? i think he does as great job at coach speak, but i'm seriously starting do doubt his ability to be the HEAD COACH we need. but that's where we want him to improve...at least it's where i want him to improve.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information