Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston Globe: The Steelers were downright astonishingly and historically stupid.

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    That's my point too. There is too much stubborness in Labeau for a game that is changing because of the rule changes in the last 5-6 years.

Labeau refuses to have a plan "B" when his plan "A" isn't working. And I'm tired of it. He even refuses to admit that as of now, we don't have a real pass rush.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    I'd like to know where the corner blitzes were. This is how you contain a mobile quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    All of this hate. Being a Steelers fan, "It comes with the territory". Embarrassed yes, ashamed no. Don't really want to see this but, if T... beat golden boy. There would be mass suicide in NE. So, Boston Globe I'd be pretty damn careful with your hate on anyone right now.
    Rest assured, Tebow is not gonna beat Brady this Saturday... Breat writting Blitzburgh as always, learned so much about the game just by reading your informative posts.

If the Steelers dared Tebow to throw ( which he did), why didn't they force him to run or get the small yardage? Was LeBeau defensive scheme that dumb and transparent? just confused about this .

Aghh, a part of me thinks LeBeau is just too old and teams have figured him out!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As much as I can't stand Bill Belichick, he's rarely gets out coached. His gameplanning ability is among the best in the history of the NFL. If you have a weakness, he'll exploit it. The only problem with the Pats this year is that their defense is so bad there's only so much you can cover up.

My Mood
    Mellow
    compared to the patriots...if our defense was as bad as the pats D, and with the same O that we have now...what would our record be? i'm guessing 4-12.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    compared to the patriots...if our defense was as bad as the pats D, and with the same O that we have now...what would our record be? i'm guessing 4-12.
    Exactly, even with my limited knowledge of Xs and 0s, I knew our coaches failed miserably this year.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Defensive gameplan plan was terrible , it was OK to play seven in the box and dare Tibow some of the time , but to care on in OT after he burned us in regular time was stupid .
    Hate to hear it from Belicheck but dam he is right .

See you all next year , I feal sick .

Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Defensive gameplan plan was terrible , it was OK to play seven in the box and dare Tibow some of the time , but to care on in OT after he burned us in regular time was stupid .
    Hate to hear it from Belicheck but dam he is right .

See you all next year , I feal sick .
    It is mind boggling that LeBeau didn't figured it out even in OT. Doing te same thins that didn't work in four quarters?

I am sick too man and can't believe LeBeau got out-coached like that. maybe LeBeau is OLD and needs to retire.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would love to pick his brain and find out why he didn't adjust the defense accordingly. We saw him drop players back only intermittently in that game in the 2nd half. I know he has faith in his secondary but if they are having an off night you need to compensate and get them more help.

I read this article again and as much as it sucks to hear it, a good bit of it is really true.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    One of the really key words in that article was 'arrogant.' I felt the same way on many occasions during that game. We had everyone in the box and I don't care how inaccurate a passer you are, if you're in the NFL you're going to make some plays and Tebow did because of our arrogance.

Leaving the middle of the field open in OT?!?!?!? Exhibit A.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information