Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston Globe: The Steelers were downright astonishingly and historically stupid.

Bookmark and Share
    I am still in conspiracy mode.

Tebow explodes onto the scene, nfl sells millions with a tebow win.

The whole NFL merchandise market and late night shows are pumping the NFL and crazy Tebow skits and stories on the national news.

The Steelers were limping into the playoffs. Belechick says he cant figure why we changed our game plan... ???? Calls us dumb.. Lots of holding calls not called against the broncs, the steelers playing like they couldnt win the next week anyway.

I say we sold out to the league for the good of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I am still in conspiracy mode.

Tebow explodes onto the scene, nfl sells millions with a tebow win.

The whole NFL merchandise market and late night shows are pumping the NFL and crazy Tebow skits and stories on the national news.

The Steelers were limping into the playoffs. Belechick says he cant figure why we changed our game plan... ???? Calls us dumb.. Lots of holding calls not called against the broncs, the steelers playing like they couldnt win the next week anyway.

I say we sold out to the league for the good of the NFL.
    WOW, you need help brother! lol

The article makes a point of saying how difficult it is to make the long throws in the NFL. It also says that teabag wasn't that good at it during the season. SO why wouldn't you try and make him make those throws?? Losing Keisel and Hampton surely ,a sub par Woodley and no Clark had a huge effect on the defense !!
    Come on we all saw it there was no pass rush all day,I think i saw teabag scramble 1 maybe 2 times. He had all day to throw and even subpar qb given 4-5 seconds will complete the pass.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

And........................there would have been no need for overtime HAD OUR OFFENSE SCORED MORE POINTS. I've screamed at BA all season telling him what plays to run, but does he listen to me? Nooooo..............

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I agree 10000% our D kept giving them the coverage they wanted and we kept getting torched, that's on the coaches... STUPID!!

Labeau was counting on a pass rush that hasn't been there all year. Which makes me think it may be time for him to go.

You had three teams that showed you how to defend Tebum and Labeau choose to ignore those game plans and come up with his own.

Between Arians and Labeau we need a serious coordinators upgrade. And coordinators who have a plan "B" when plan "A" doesn't work.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 01-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day man, Lebeau pulling an Arians. I just keep thinking back, man if they would have adjusted on defense in the 2nd half, how much differently things could have been. That's the age old problem with this team, they don't make adjustments on the fly or at halftime to compensate for gameplans that aren't working.

to answer that question you have to ask mike tomlin. it's as if he doesn't want to step on toes.

hey bruce: if i see you call another wr screen i'm gonna shove my foot up your @$$...stop calling it!
    hey dick: 10 in the box is getting us torched...stop calling it!

sadly, he doesn't do this. he's as guilty as the other 2...maybe that's why he won't make a change.

not that i'm advocating getting rid of mike, or dick...(i am DEMANDING they get rid of bruce) but tomlin needs to start acting like a head coach and not a middle manager trying to keep everyone "happy".

i like tomlin, and i've always defended him, but now he needs to show me something. he needs to show me his testicular fortitude. he needs to show me is inner manhood (figuratively speaking you perverts ) but i will not be an apologist for him anymore!

the window is slamming shut if we don't change course and real soon!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Labeau stupid was counting on a pass rush that hasn't been there all year. Which makes me think it may be time for him to go.

You had three teams that showed you how to defend Tebum and Labeau choose to ignore those game plans and come up with his own.

Between Arians and Labeau we need a serious coordinators upgrade. And coordinators who have a plan "B" when plan "A" doesn't work.
    You nailed it!

My Mood
    Addicted
    "We have our scheme. We’ll take some things from each game that we’ve seen and try to apply it to what we do. We’re not them, they’re not us, we have different players - same thing with Kansas City, Buffalo and all that. There’s certainly a lot to be learned but at the same time, we have our own matchups and we’re different from everybody else." Translation: We're not going to play it the way the Steelers did, but we wouldn't have done that anyway ... Oh, and the Steelers were dumb.
    Check that.
    The Steelers were downright astonishingly and historically stupid. This is why we need a new DC and a new OC, if u a so called defensive guru u take what was effective from other teams and mix it in with what u do.

I agree 10000% our D kept giving them the coverage they wanted and we kept getting torched, that's on the coaches... STUPID!! It was STUPID.

And until we change the schemes we will have more of the same fuc^ery we witness this past season

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    But we have an old DC who is stuck in his ways. That's my whole point. The game is changing and this organazation hasn't adapted yet. They still think they can get by with average talent at the CB position. They still think that zone is the end all/be all defense ALL THE TIME!

Yet..to be old in some ways (on defense) yet on offense, they don't commit to fixing the O-line like the old organzation used to do, they have a half way runningback in Mendenhall who couldn't make the team at RB in the 80's, .....

There just needs to be change and a refocus to what works in football in the new millinium.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The game plan going into the game was the right one against Tebow however after Tebow hit a couple deep passes it was time for the old man to go to more zone coverage which he didn't......LeBeau has forgotten more football then I will ever know but this my point all along he is one stubborn old man....lol I want him gone as much as BA.....But both will remain......

Thread Information