Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future of Mike Wallace and the Steelers receivers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I see Ward restructuring and staying another year. They will keep Wallace to go with Brown and Sanders. Crotch will depend on market and what he's offered but I have a feeling he stays and we keep the same wr's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In terms of a new contract, Steelers should probably try to offer him something this year, since he kind of regressed as the season progressed, so we could probably get him cheaper now than we can next year. That is assuming he'll go out and own the world next year which I'm a believer he will.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    If the Steelers can sign Wallace to a reasonable contract, do it. But I don't think they should break the bank. Wallace still has to prove he is an all-around WR. His hands are still suspect....like that long pass to him in Denver. You need to catch those if you want big money.

I think you tender Wallace a one-year deal and keep Cotchery for another year. If Wallace doesn't step up....let him go and sign Cotchery long-term.

The WR core would be Sanders, Brown, Cotchery. I still think Sanders is waiting to EXPLODE!.

My dark-horse of the receiving core is Wes Saunders. Yes, he is a TE...but TEs are part of the receiving core, too. I've had it with Johnson dropping easy passes.

Quote Originally Posted by NHSteeler View Post
    If the Steelers can sign Wallace to a reasonable contract, do it. But I don't think they should break the bank. Wallace still has to prove he is an all-around WR. His hands are still suspect....like that long pass to him in Denver. You need to catch those if you want big money.

I think you tender Wallace a one-year deal and keep Cotchery for another year. If Wallace doesn't step up....let him go and sign Cotchery long-term.

yes he does need to catch those passes, but you can't coach that kind of speed. Steelers would be stupid not to sign this guy. get rid of the veteran dead weight on the team to make room in the salary cap. He will continue to get better and I would hate to see him do it elsewhere.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Fine
    What upsets me about Wallace is he's not Physical. He doesn't attack the ball at it's highest point. He wants the ball to fall to him instead of going up and getting it.
    I'd put a first round tender on him and see who bites. The only issue is what if someone who drafts behind you bites instead of someone in front of you. A couple teams have two first round picks I wouldn't mind Cincy's #17 so we can get an OG & ILB or NT & ILB.

I think the team could survive without him. The pass game needs to be a bit shorter instead of asking the O-line to hold for 5 seconds or better. Put a tender on him and hopefully take the draft picks. Use those on DB, OL, NT or ILB. Hopefully get younger and better.

I like him, but that area of our team is a strength. The other parts of the team need attention.

I'd trade him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information