Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Draft Discussion

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    K Train, you're right about Arians not having a say in who we draft. But even if we pull a lucky horse shoe out our asses and come up with five hall of fame linemen, as long as Arians is calling the plays we'll never have another running game. I seriously don't know how many more times I can watch us pass on 3rd and goal from the 1yrd line before I explode.
    3rd and goal from the 1? How about 3 straight passes from the 1? The man is an idiot! He has no originality and is so predictable, my high school coach (who played O-linefor the Steelers in the early 80's) could have out coached his azz!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Reason I like this so much is that I contribute Pouncey's injuries to the crap that plays next to him at both G spots. Put two beast next to him, and Gilberts, Colon, Starks would look almost heavenly as a T rotation.

My Mood
    Fine
    KOnz at center and move Pouncey to Guard? or Konz to Guard?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Konz is outstanding but no one is talking about how bad we are at nose tackle. The reason our pass rush has sucked bad this year is that there is no push up the middle.

As bad as I'd like Konz, we need to talk about taking Dontari Poe also. I mean with better push from the middle, it would possibly allow our LB's to drop in coverage more often and and hit those TE's and slot WR coming through the middle.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

1) Donta Hightower MLB Bama

Im convinced he will be the pick at 24 if he is there. Imo hes a better prospect than rolando mcclain was a few years back and when he ran a 4.6 at the combine i had seen enough, im sold. His stock has been up and down over his college career. Looked like a first rounder early, got hurt and for a season looks slow and more like a thumping 3rd rounder. Hes elevated himself back to a first rounf MLB and could legit play 5 positions, all 4 LB ones and DE on occasion. Having him next to timmons is going to be special, but it also makes it so we arent crippled if harrison/woodley get hurt again.

2) Alemeda Taamu NT Washington

What you see with Taamu is what you get, hes not gonna wow you but he will keep timmons, hightower, and hood (since he cant handle his blocks) pretty clean from blockers. Big body, not as athletic as poe by any stretch but he will be a nice player in the middle and keisel, hood, cam, and the LBs will benefit from him on first and second downs.

3) Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH)

Big, powerful blocker...had a simlar workout to cordy glenn, he doesnt have the tackle potential glenn has but i think he could be a star guard in the NFL.

4) Isaiah Pead RB Cincy

Theres just rumors everywhere about the steelers being in love with pead, i dont hate it

5) Chad Diehl FB Clemson

Massive 6-2 265 pound FB, no arians leaves a windo open for the steelers to use a real FB again. This man has head hunter potential. Hes got good acceleration, a mean punch, and never misses his assignments. Watch some stuff on him, hes a crushing lead blocker

6) Blair Walsh K Georgia

Best kicker in the draft, so why not?

7) Aldarius Johnson WR Miami

Big body, not the fastest guy but was a top HS recruit and got suspended for lying to the NCAA or something. Could be a sleeper

also here is the short list of players im ok with in the first round (excluding kalil, descastro, claiborne, and other guys i think have zero shot of falling to 24)

Dontari Poe
    Cordy Glenn
    Donta Hightower
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mike Adams
    Peter Konz

anyone else would probably send me into a fit of rage

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    also here is the short list of players im ok with in the first round (excluding kalil, descastro, claiborne, and other guys i think have zero shot of falling to 24)

Dontari Poe
    Cordy Glenn
    Donta Hightower
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mike Adams
    Peter Konz

anyone else would probably send me into a fit of rage
    Just on a hunch I can see Cleveland making a play for Wallace , do we take Descastro with their # 1 ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

i dont think the browns would be the one to do it, but maybe i suppose. but i would definitely take claiborne or decastro, maybe even floyd....idk thats a hard question

im thinking if anyone goes after wallace it will be the bengals, ravens, niners, or patriots. bengals and patriots actually keep their better first round pick, browns give up their better one

K, I am looking at your picks at 2 and 3 (Taamu and Brooks). What about Kevin Zeitler or another Guard in second and Chapman or Taaumu in 3rd?
    If Fangupo is on board in second, do you like Taamu that much?

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    K, I am looking at your picks at 2 and 3 (Taamu and Brooks). What about Kevin Zeitler or another Guard in second and Chapman or Taaumu in 3rd?
    If Fangupo is on board in second, do you like Taamu that much?
    brooks is a guy thats growing on me, im not opposed to zeitler in 2 though...the thought of him in 1 fills me full of rage though. im not in love with taamu, i think he could be a solid contributor from day one though, i actually like chapman a bit more i think. better athlete, and really does all the dirty work a NT is supposed to do exceptionally well. and hes a tough guy, plays through injuries and did all last year on a bum knee. wouldnt mind him in the 2nd or 3rd

Thread Information