Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Trib says Grimm is in! ??? ; Steelers.com says no official word yet !

Bookmark and Share
    OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Think about it, from 1933 to 1968 the Rooney's made lousey coaching decisions. From '69 to '06 they did great, maybe got lucky, with only choosing 2 Coaches.
    As much as I hate the wait and the media f-ups, I would hate to be in the Rooney's shoes trying to make a choice that could hurt a strong franchise.
    If we were a struggling, rebuilding franchise it would be easy to choose and hope for the best but thats not the case only being a season removed from being Superbowl Champions.
    Man in the past I would be worried in the offseason on which players were gonna stay or leave because of the cap or free agency and this offseason is a totally new, and unsettling, feeling of totally screwing a team and tradition up by picking the wrong staff that has ideas that might not mesh with the players.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Which is one of the main reasons Im hoping its Grimm so we don't upset the continuity of this team as much as if its somebody else, potentially. It's nerve wracking to say the least !

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

The tendency is to panic, to bow to public sentiment and reach a quick, judgmental conclusion.

Not the Steelers.

The team hierarchy of president Art Rooney II and chairman Dan Rooney operates by its own set of rules.

Know this: The Steelers will hire Bill Cowher's replacement when they are good and ready.

It could happen today, tomorrow or two weeks from now, after Super Bowl XLI in Miami.

The Steelers won't hurry to hire a new coach because they can afford to take their time, said a prominent agent who represents several NFL coaches.

http://pittsburghlive.com:8000/x/pit.../s_489469.html
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    Steelers pick Grimm, source says

Steelers say coaching search not completed

By Mike Prisuta
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Sunday, January 21, 2007

Russ Grimm has been offered and has accepted the Steelers' head coaching position, a source in Pittsburgh confirmed late Saturday.

Here is why I doubt this article and their sources. This was said this morning...

"At this point and time, the Steelers have not concluded a contract agreement with a new head coach, nor do we expect to do so today," Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said in the statement. "There will be no other announcements from this office today."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732197

The other article says that Grimm has already accepted...but today the Steelers said no one has accepted anything yet!

This is all too confusing

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Waterboy
    Since Grimm's interview with the Steeler's front office lasted 6-1/2 hours; It seems more likely that they had time to do some contract negotiations with him.
    This is my first post. Hope I haven't broken any rules.
    8thgirl

It could also mean that he was not awnsering questions like they wanted him to or it took longer to get to the awnser. In his post interview with the media, he didn't seem too sure about himself and that could have something to do with why the interview was so long.

I don't know, but this is driving me nuts, and we won't know anything until at least tomorrow.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthgirl View Post
    Since Grimm's interview with the Steeler's front office lasted 6-1/2 hours; It seems more likely that they had time to do some contract negotiations with him.
    This is my first post. Hope I haven't broken any rules.
    8thgirl
    glad to have you !

Post up in the Introductions forum and tell us some more about yourself.

Also, Grimm and whats left of our staff are down doing Senior bowl evaluations this weekend so if there are any negoiations going on it's with Grimm's agent, himself and the team which could be taking them go alittle longer due to him being out of town.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I'm more likely to agree with the Steelers. I'm sure they'd wait to find out if Rivera is still interested and if the Bears were to lose today.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree that we can and should take our time finding a coach, but damn I'd hate to see them really waiting on Rivera and then have Grimm snatched away for another position on another team.

Also strikes me as odd that Tomlin and Grimm, both finalists haven't gotten 2nd interviews with other clubs before they named their head coach.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    tomlin probably said he's waiting on the steelers, and only the cards were stupid enough to think grimm was worth a damn, everyone was probably afraid he'll eat everything in sight and not focus on the team
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information