Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our only hope.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it would take more than one season, especially in light of the capital he's already built up (3 division championships, 2 Lamar Hunt trophies, 1 Lombardi trophy in 5 seasons).

They held onto Cowher despite going 7-9 in 1998, 6-10 in 1999 and 9-7 in 2000 after losing 2 AFC Championships at home and a Super Bowl previously. The continued to retain him in 2001 after losing his 3rd AFCCG at home (again in embarrassing fashion), barely squeaking by an expansion Browns team at home in the Wild Card round before getting knocked out the following week in 2002, posting another losing record (6-10) in 2003, losing his 4th AFCCG at home in 2004 (again in embarrassing fashion), before finally breaking through and winning it all in 2005 in a horribly-played Super Bowl that about 95% of non-Steelers fans STILL think was decided by officiating.

So sorry, it's gonna take more than one non-playoff year before the Rooneys show Tomlin the door.
    I'm confident that a losing season would result in a change at offensive coordinator if our offense struggled for that season. Of course I wouldn't expect Tomlin to be fired after one season of missing the playoffs.

And all your examples citing how Cowher wasn't fired after his playoff losses differ dramatically from Tomlin losing in the playoffs. Cowher lost in the playoffs with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart. Tomlin is losing with Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I'm willing to bet had the injury bug not bit us, this team had a veryi good chance to go all the way. I see no reason to panic.

No matter how much talent a team has, luck and health are a very big part of winning.
    Our offense struggled all season even when the team was healthy. Injuries had nothing to do with our miserable offense. Our offense was incapable of scoring against Baltimore, and we never would've won a shootout against the Packers or the Saints.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it would take more than one season, especially in light of the capital he's already built up (3 division championships, 2 Lamar Hunt trophies, 1 Lombardi trophy in 5 seasons).

They held onto Cowher despite going 7-9 in 1998, 6-10 in 1999 and 9-7 in 2000 after losing 2 AFC Championships at home and a Super Bowl previously. The continued to retain him in 2001 after losing his 3rd AFCCG at home (again in embarrassing fashion), barely squeaking by an expansion Browns team at home in the Wild Card round before getting knocked out the following week in 2002, posting another losing record (6-10) in 2003, losing his 4th AFCCG at home in 2004 (again in embarrassing fashion), before finally breaking through and winning it all in 2005 in a horribly-played Super Bowl that about 95% of non-Steelers fans STILL think was decided by officiating.

So sorry, it's gonna take more than one non-playoff year before the Rooneys show Tomlin the door.
    The Rooney's are too busy politcin and ambassarding to be concerned about no stinkin football problems.

And their fans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    The Rooney's are too busy politcin and ambassarding to be concerned about no stinkin football problems.
    Agreed.

Thread Information