Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our only hope.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Our only hope.

I find it hard being optimistic with Tomlin as the head coach. I find it even harder when he proves he can't even make a change at the coordinator position out of fear that he'll be completely exposed. However, as miserable as Arians is, we have the 5th best quarterback in the league and he has a 92 QB rating in 8 seasons. We also have pretty good receivers, 2 very good running backs, a solid tight end, and a great defense.

We need only two things for this team to be able to go to the playoffs and allow the team to win in spite of the coaching staff. We need a rebuilt offensive line and a couple changes in personnel on the defensive line and in the secondary.

If this team opens next season with the same offensive line or only one new lineman, as well as the same secondary and defensive lineman, I'll have to root for a complete collapse of the team and hopefully missing the playoffs so that coaching changes might come about for 2013.

My Mood
    Love
    Sounds like my uncle with his Bears and Lovie Smith. Will those changes ever come?

My Mood
    Manic
    I really think if we have a solid O-line and we can run the ball then we don't need to change the OC . run sets up the pass

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    If this team opens next season with the same offensive line or only one new lineman, as well as the same secondary and defensive lineman, I'll have to root for a complete collapse of the team and hopefully missing the playoffs so that coaching changes might come about for 2013.
    I'm sad to say it, but I'm starting to think this might have to happen. This team isn't commited to the lines like it used to be. And that isn't just Tomlin, that's the GM!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Sounds like my uncle with his Bears and Lovie Smith. Will those changes ever come?
    lol...but the team got close once they got a real quarterback. If we have a line, Roethlisberger and the defense can make Tomlin look good, just like Cutler and the Bears defense makes Smith look good.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I really think if we have a solid O-line and we can run the ball then we don't need to change the OC . run sets up the pass
    The OC sends the calls in, we do what the OC says to do...

Ben threw the ball 44 times with a RB picking up well over 5 per carry, this current OC doesn't want to run the ball, he hates FB's and would rather air it out!

"our only hope"

jeez lol, all these dramatic threads

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    this current OC doesn't want to run the ball, he hates FB's and would rather air it out!
    Sadly, he doesn't know how to do what he wants to do.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it would take more than one season, especially in light of the capital he's already built up (3 division championships, 2 Lamar Hunt trophies, 1 Lombardi trophy in 5 seasons).

They held onto Cowher despite going 7-9 in 1998, 6-10 in 1999 and 9-7 in 2000 after losing 2 AFC Championships at home and a Super Bowl previously. The continued to retain him in 2001 after losing his 3rd AFCCG at home (again in embarrassing fashion), barely squeaking by an expansion Browns team at home in the Wild Card round before getting knocked out the following week in 2002, posting another losing record (6-10) in 2003, losing his 4th AFCCG at home in 2004 (again in embarrassing fashion), before finally breaking through and winning it all in 2005 in a horribly-played Super Bowl that about 95% of non-Steelers fans STILL think was decided by officiating.

So sorry, it's gonna take more than one non-playoff year before the Rooneys show Tomlin the door.
    Last edited by steelers75; 01-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'm willing to bet had the injury bug not bit us, this team had a veryi good chance to go all the way. I see no reason to panic.

No matter how much talent a team has, luck and health are a very big part of winning.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information