Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers coordinators expected back for 2012 but no official word yet.

Bookmark and Share
    The offense is stale and needs a refresh... 12-4 is good yes, but when your team can't score in the redzone to win more games that's a problem..

BA = Basic Approach, LAME!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I'm sorry I don't care about 12th in yards. 21st in pts scored is unacceptable. A 5 year average of 15th in pts scored is unacceptable. Constantly having to settle for 3 and with a stiff like sushi as your kicker, that is unacceptable. I mean for christ sake the 04 team scored more points and all we did was ****ing run with bussie and staley. In fact we ran more than any team since the 84 rams. Yet with a 4000 yd passer and 2 1000 yd receivers we scored less points. POINTS SCORED IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT FOR AN OFFENSE. I don't give a **** about yards. So livid right now........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Mellow
    here are some of the teams that averaged more points per game than the steelers' 20.3:

panthers 25.4 with a rookie QB
    giants 24.6 with the worst run offenses in the league
    49ers 23.8 hello? alex smith? first year head coach?
    ravens and jets 23.6 flacco and sanchez?
    bears 22.1 cutler? worse o-line than what we have
    vikings 21.3 lol...mcnabb and ponder?
    dolphins 20.6 seriously, we are just below the dolphins? last i checked marino wasn't their QB anymore.

the only teams that were worse than us all didn't make the playoffs except for the broncos who were 8-8.

with all the weapons that we have, with all the money that is spent to upgrade the offensive talent, with having 5 years of the same exact underachieving scoring, how can we afford to keep arians around? seriously, is he really the ONLY answer? he is really the ONLY person available to be the OC? is the really the BEST that we can do or have?

time for the rooneys and or tomlin to sack up and make the change that is needed!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    here are some of the teams that averaged more points per game than the steelers' 20.3:

panthers 25.4 with a rookie QB
    giants 24.6 with the worst run offenses in the league
    49ers 23.8 hello? alex smith? first year head coach?
    ravens and jets 23.6 flacco and sanchez?
    bears 22.1 cutler? worse o-line than what we have
    vikings 21.3 lol...mcnabb and ponder?
    dolphins 20.6 seriously, we are just below the dolphins? last i checked marino wasn't their QB anymore.

the only teams that were worse than us all didn't make the playoffs except for the broncos who were 8-8.

with all the weapons that we have, with all the money that is spent to upgrade the offensive talent, with having 5 years of the same exact underachieving scoring, how can we afford to keep arians around? seriously, is he really the ONLY answer? he is really the ONLY person available to be the OC? is the really the BEST that we can do or have?

time for the rooneys and or tomlin to sack up and make the change that is needed!
    This is the whole story.... 5 years of the same lets watch our defense win us games attitude. well the defense is older and we still cant score. goodbye post season....

the FO better make changes fast. or we will be battling for 3rd place in the afcn..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Haha can u really say u expected anything else?
    Not with Tomlin in charge, no I didn't expect anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    I basically think Mike is in way over his head. He has made more in game coaching mistakes this year than ever before, he has succumbed to Ben's will far too often, he looks lost - he appears to have very little input on the offensive side of the ball and seems quite content to just let the coordinators get on with it, even when it's going pear-shaped
    Very good summary of Tomlin's abilities and attitude. I never thought the Steelers would have an inept head coach. Bad quarterback I was used to. Limited offensive talent I was used to, but I never thought our head coach would be a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Trust me bad coachs don't win super bowls unless your Barry Switzer or unless you have a team built by Bill Parcells before you take the job
    You hit the nail on the head. Mike Tomlin is Barry Switzer. He inherited a Superbowl ready team, built and prepared by the previous head coach. He will never win another Superbowl again because that which was built by the previous head coach has fallen apart and a bad head coach is incapable of rebuilding. It's over for the Steelers until Tomlin is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by franchise3 View Post
    We won SB despite this coaching staff and not because of it. Tomlin has no clue as to what he is doing. Time for Rooney to step in but he won't...
    Exactly!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I've never questioned Tomlin..until now. I don't see a coach who has the guts to
    take control of his team and fire the personnel on the coaching staff that needs to be
    fired. And if Tomlin CAN'T fire a coach, then there is something wrong in the structuring of the management. Because Arians is a bum. Even Stevie Wonder can see that by now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Tomlin can come out and give his fancy speaches bla bla bla, he's a dumbass!

No sack at all, it's time ******** to make some changes your team is slipping away!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago in the NFL section that Norv Turner would be fired along with AJ Smith. A week or two later it was reported that they would be back for next season. I am hoping and praying that this report is false, it is kind of early to say the coordinators will be back, especially only a few days after our loss to Denver. A breath of hope in all this? Wasn't 2011 BA's last year under contract? I hope so, time will tell if this is written in stone.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    patriots-hater

12th overall a meaningless stat

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Look 12th overall isn't horrible considering we had Colon,Pouncey,Cotchery,Mendy,Ben,Sanders,Ward,and many more on offense lose significant time due to injury.
    It's funny how we are so unhappy with the current OC&DC and HC but these same group of coaches won a super bowl and they beat Bill Cower's coaching staff in doing so.Trust me bad coachs don't win super bowls unless your Barry Switzer or unless you have a team built by Bill Parcells before you take the job
    At the end of each game one stat matters, and one stat only: SCOREBOARD!

Steeler offense has sucked in scoring. This past season was the worst in the 5 yrs. with Arians as OC: A MEASLY 20.3 ppg. His schemes have the offense running up and down the fields for lots of yards, but very few points.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    patriots-hater

Don't Panic: No Official Word on Arians

The Scott Brown article in today's Pittsburgh Tribune Review, in which he states definitively that there will be no changes to the Steelers' Coordinator positions, lacks authority.
    He cites no source(s) for making this pronouncement. I don't see any quotes. And last time I checked Scott Brown was not the official voice of Steelers' management.
    What he states as fact in this article seems to be nothing more that his locker-room hunch. It's too early for any official endorsement for Steeler Coordinators to ensue from management. I don't recall any team making such decisions within hours of a gut-wrenching loss.
    Personally, would love to see Lebeau return for at least 1 more yr. Arians should've a.) been fired three years ago, or b.) never been hired in the first place.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information