Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you rooting for now?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm selfish, niners win it all that's 6 for them isn't it?
    I dont understand why the niners...of course if gives them 6....plus they beat us down this yr, and harbaugh who i dislike more than his brother...

whats wrong with the saints or Giants?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You couldn't pay me to cheer for any Harbaugh coached team.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    I dont understand why the niners...of course if gives them 6....plus they beat us down this yr, and harbaugh who i dislike more than his brother...

Not me that's for sure, Harbaugh can eat a fat one!

Honestly it will be the saints or packers winning it all..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post

Cause theyre the only possible team from the NFC with a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm selfish, niners win it all that's 6 for them isn't it?
    Yup, but more motivation for us to get #7. And once again, I love their D. PAT WILLIS + NAVARRO BOWMAN = <3
    Last edited by Steelers_All_Day_43; 01-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    I'm rooting for anyone but Baltimore, Green Bay, New England, or San Francisco.

Rookie Free Agent
    Interesting choices...I will say Ravens myself. : )

...what's more interesting to me is that, aside from not knowing which Joe Flacco is going to show up on any given Sunday, when the Flacco who can click on all cyclinders does show up, I believe the Ravens and the Steelers are more in common with each other than any other teams in the NFL.

The more I think about it, IMHO...our rivalry seems more like a sibling rivalry (our aggressive game play is so similar it's as if we share some of the same DNA), which can be hate filled at times. Don't ask me how I know.

"We swept them, but don't be fooled – we'll see them again in January," Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "This is the only team in the world that can play like we play and match us blow for blow."

I'm sorry we won't meet up in the post season. Watching our teams play each other is the only matchup that reminds me of how football used to be played not so long ago.
    Last edited by Ravens1; 01-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Suggs nailed it.

I suspect he'll have 3 sacks against Yates!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I dislike the Niners and the Ravens winning the SB, I don't give a damn about their D. Sorry, I am biased to the city where I lived after getting off the boat.

Saints...Saints...Saints

--- Added 1/10/2012 at 09:05 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Interesting choices...I will say Ravens myself. : )

...what's more interesting to me is that, aside from not knowing which Joe Flacco is going to show up on any given Sunday, when the Flacco who can click on all cyclinders does show up, I believe the Ravens and the Steelers are more in common with each other than any other teams in the NFL.

The more I think about it, IMHO...our rivalry seems more like a sibling rivalry (our aggressive game play is so similar it's as if we share some of the same DNA), which can be hate filled at times. Don't ask me how I know.

"We swept them, but don't be fooled – we'll see them again in January," Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "This is the only team in the world that can play like we play and match us blow for blow."

I'm sorry we won't meet up in the post season. Watching our teams play each other is the only matchup that reminds me of how football used to be played not so long ago.

My guess is that Flacco wouldn't be able to play really well multiple games. You have Houston, then more likely the Pats, and then you have to play in the SB. These are all assumptions on yunz winning this Sunday.

I just don't think Flacco can handle the pressure....Bonne Chance!!!
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 01-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I dislike the Niners and the Ravens winning the SB, I don't give a damn about their D. Sorry, I am biased to the city where I lived after getting off the boat.

Saints...Saints...Saints

--- Added 1/10/2012 at 09:05 PM ---

My guess is that Flacco wouldn't be able to play really well multiple games. You have Houston, then more likely the Pats, and then you have to play in the SB. These are all assumptions on yunz winning this Sunday.

I just don't think Flacco can handle the pressure....Bonne Chance!!!
    Thanks...we do need the courage. I go into watching each game a bit on pins and needles. Texans will not be a cake walk. I hope we have matured and that all of the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Has Joe peaked or can he settle in more/gain more confidence? Yes, I too was sick of the lopsided Tbow coverage, but Flacco should have kept his mouth shut a few weeks back. IMHO better to fly under the radar and let your results speak for themselves. When there are only a few teams remaining, then they HAVE to talk about you. It's why I have also curbed my rhetoric around here. Thanks for the lesson. You never know when a humbling game is right around the corner.

Incidently, I have been caregiving for my Mom in Florida just outside of Pensacola, for years now. It's really southern Alabama judging from all the mania surround A and their victory in the BCS last night. Of course New Orleans is about 2.5 hours away drving at a healthy pace, so that is the locals team (Jacksonville who?, Tampa Bay who?) It looks like Florida, but their teams are Alabama and New Orleans. I guess if you did draw the Eastern border of Alabama straight down it would grab us. So I was born in Rhode Island, I went to Univ of Florida, my home is in Baltimore City, but I currently live in Northwest Florida (Southern Alabama). I'm going to have to go, Ravens, Broncos, Saints, New England.

P.S. I know how nice it is to see someone who beat you beat everyone else...but if divine intervention occurs and Tebow somehow gets there, you might as well turn ESPN off!

Thread Information