Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who should be The new OC & DC

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

who should be The new OC & DC

We got Tebowed and the seasons over. The worst thing for me is that I have to listen to the New England Patriots fans because I'm from Rhode Island.
    Who should we look at to become our OC & DC? OC we need someone who will use all of our weapons and not kiss Bens butt. I'd love to know who'
    s on everyone's radar.
    As for DC I think its time for Keith Butler to take over as we revamp our Defense. DOes anyone else have a DC in mind? Thanks, A Steelers fan from New England.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think you need to look at them really because honestly unless Mike Tomlin really bucks his trend he's not going to replace either of them.

Lebeau is on a reoccuring 1 yr. contract. Every offseason he decides whether or not he wants to coach again. The Steelers quite honestly don't have the heart to fire him and I'm not convinced he should step down just yet. I do think Keith Butler will make a fine coordinator and he is the odds on favorite to get the job when Lebeau hangs it up.

Arians won't get a job elsewhere, if he leaves it's because he retires or because Tomlin finally decides to go in another direction. The Steelers usually promote from within on coordinator jobs anyways.

The kid squirting water in the players mouths will do for BA, I agree DL will be back..

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    According to Jason La Canfora @NFL.com, Raheem Morris and MT are buddy/buddy; So don't be oversurprised if Morris is on the Stiller sideline next year. Personally, I would like to see Lebeau coach for 1 more year. I'd hate to see such a terrific coach go out with a loss caused by a defensive lapse.

RE Offense, I have been calling for BA to be fired for a long time. The person I have in mind....well I won't say till I learn if he still wants to coach.
    STEELSPIKES

Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    According to Jason La Canfora @NFL.com, Raheem Morris and MT are buddy/buddy; So don't be oversurprised if Morris is on the Stiller sideline next year. Personally, I would like to see Lebeau coach for 1 more year. I'd hate to see such a terrific coach go out with a loss caused by a defensive lapse.

RE Offense, I have been calling for BA to be fired for a long time. The person I have in mind....well I won't say till I learn if he still wants to coach.
    Raheem would bring some young fire in, you can count on that..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Raheem Morris does indeed have ties to Tomlin so it could be a fit but I'm not convinced Tomlin is willing to be that bold yet. I would to see him pull the trigger but I'm holding my breath.

I want the Packers O coor, but that won't happen.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    For what it's worth, Butler turned down a co-ordinator position because he was promised the job in Pittsburgh when LeBeau calls it quits.

As much as everyone wants BA's head (I'm high up on that list) we all know he's not going anywhere, unless he retires and I already posted an article were Arians said he loves his new toys and plans to coach for awhile. Tomlin doesn't have back bone to fire Bruce.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    For what it's worth, Butler turned down a co-ordinator position because he was promised the job in Pittsburgh when LeBeau calls it quits.

As much as everyone wants BA's head (I'm high up on that list) we all know he's not going anywhere, unless he retires and I already posted an article were Arians said he loves his new toys and plans to coach for awhile. Tomlin doesn't have back bone to fire Bruce.
    True on Butler, but Tomlin benched Hines for the younger guys so maybe his sack has grown a bit..

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Until they are fired, there is no point in realistically talking about this.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information