Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: This Steelers team has issues and their true colors are starting to show

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,354
    My Mood
    Where
    This team needs a real leader and real boss. Tomlin ain't the boss. I wish it weren't so. But, it is.

    And their fans.

  2. #12
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Really? Were bringing up commercials and tv shows now? This is a new time, everyone these days are doing commercials and other off the field stuff.
    Yes. Victor Cruz turned down dancing with the stars because it took 18 weeks of practice. Maybe Hines wouldn't be in the situation if he spent that time more wisely, who knows definitely wouldn't have hurt passing on that stupid show.

    Sometimes I wonder if Troy has too much on his plate too. I wonder if he even works-out, rehabs, or goes to practice anymore. It didn't show in his play this year.

  3. #13
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    This isn't the type of team or football that the Steelers have pride themselves on or we grew up loving.

    - Polamalu in every shampoo commercial

    - Ward going Hollywood; dancing like a star, movies, off the field issues.

    - Pouncey tweeting during a playoff game.

    - Players tweeting right after the game and partying days after.

    - Players more worried about getting their t-shirts out then just losing a playoff game.

    - Ward's smile disappearing when he isn't on the field and Cotchery is doing well.

    - Polamlau casually jogging back on a gw touchdown in the playoffs.

    - Players disrespecting fans that have probably been fans of the team longer then they have played for them or even played football for that matter.

    Where did it all go wrong? Personally, I'm looking at the timeline of events and I think it's Tomlin. He's a great coach and he gets them motivated to play but he may be too much of a players coach and too easy on them. He rather be a friend then coach and sometimes that works and players rather play for those type of coaches. But when the pressure is on and things aren't going their way and something has to be said to get them going and it isn't they lose playoff games to the Broncos or Super Bowls to the Packers.

    ^How did you write all this and not mention Bens off field antics 2009/2010 and santonio Holmes 'wake and bake' tweet last yr...those are on tomlins watch

    this is surprising to me as Tomlin seems less a players coach than Cowher...matter of fact, thats a fact..., no ??

  4. #14
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,140
    I have no problems with them except Hines DWTS killed me, I was disgusted!

    Ben and his new stupid looking hats kinda rubs me a little wrong other than that I'm fine!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  5. #15
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    ^How did you write all this and not mention Bens off field antics 2009/2010 and santonio Holmes 'wake and bake' tweet last yr...those are on tomlins watch

    this is surprising to me as Tomlin seems less a players coach than Cowher...matter of fact, thats a fact..., no ??
    I've erased that from my memory If you messed up you didn't want to go back to the sidelines because the chin would grab you by your facemask and spit in your face so I would say no Tomlin shows little to no emotion and I hate it.

  6. #16
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,700
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Health played the biggest factor in the team being one and done....But I didn't sense the type of team unity like in years past when this team made Super Bowl runs.....

    Going forward this team must invest in the offensive line further....Ben actually needs legit pass protection for once......

    While everybody loves our WR core and they're good but there isn't a scheme buster on this roster.....Get one or draft a true athletic TE that can bust a defensive scheme like Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham can....Miller is good but not that type of TE....I know I'll continue to be one of the few on that point but its true....I like Miller but he isn't a special player.....
    I disagree if used properly Wes Saunders is a scheme buster our talent level at tight end is similar to the patriots forget johnson Miller/Saunders is a monster Saunders played WR in college

    Santonio's behavior isn't on Tomlin it's on Santonio

    --- Added 1/11/2012 at 10:28 AM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    Yes. Victor Cruz turned down dancing with the stars because it took 18 weeks of practice. Maybe Hines wouldn't be in the situation if he spent that time more wisely, who knows definitely wouldn't have hurt passing on that stupid show.

    Sometimes I wonder if Troy has too much on his plate too. I wonder if he even works-out, rehabs, or goes to practice anymore. It didn't show in his play this year.
    People think that players like troy can play the same way every year the reality is THEY ALL GET OLD RAY LEWIS HASN'T BEEN RAY LEWIS FOR 5 SEASONS HINES AND TROY,AARON SMITH ,HAMP FARRIOR HAVE BEEN DROPPING FAST OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS IT'S PART OF THE GAME
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.

  7. #17
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,140
    WTF??

    "Happy Happy Happy"

  8. #18
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post

    People think that players like troy can play the same way every year the reality is THEY ALL GET OLD RAY LEWIS HASN'T BEEN RAY LEWIS FOR 5 SEASONS HINES AND TROY,AARON SMITH ,HAMP FARRIOR HAVE BEEN DROPPING FAST OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS IT'S PART OF THE GAME
    I understand players fall off but I was expecting big things after he got his contract. And he played great last year until his injury. But he was always a step behind this year and he lost his hands maybe all the concussions, who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    WTF??



    Promoting that new Sherlock Holmes 2.

  9. #19
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,354
    My Mood
    Where
    Ben ain't really bin right since he clocked his head in the big MC wreck. IMO.

    And their fans.

  10. #20
    2nd String MDSteel15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brunswick, MD
    Posts
    983
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Some of its got to go on Tomlin. Also some of its got to go on the leaders of this team

    1.Troy
    2.Ben
    3.Harrison
    4.Farrior
    5.Ward.

    Im still tryting to figure out who the leader of the WR's is gonna be if ward decides to go elsewhere or retire. Wallace is to into himself being good, I think Brown can be the guy but it will only be his 3rd season. Cotchery maybe. Idk what it is but this team just didnt seem right this year like maybe they thought theyd walk into the playoffs after seeing the schedule.
    Age and experience is only part of being a leader! His confidence and ability to communicate with the others is what will make him a leader!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •