Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Steelers team has issues and their true colors are starting to show

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar

This Steelers team has issues and their true colors are starting to show

This isn't the type of team or football that the Steelers have pride themselves on or we grew up loving.

- Polamalu in every shampoo commercial

- Ward going Hollywood; dancing like a star, movies, off the field issues.

- Pouncey tweeting during a playoff game.

- Players tweeting right after the game and partying days after.

- Players more worried about getting their t-shirts out then just losing a playoff game.

- Ward's smile disappearing when he isn't on the field and Cotchery is doing well.

- Polamlau casually jogging back on a gw touchdown in the playoffs.

- Players disrespecting fans that have probably been fans of the team longer then they have played for them or even played football for that matter.

Where did it all go wrong? Personally, I'm looking at the timeline of events and I think it's Tomlin. He's a great coach and he gets them motivated to play but he may be too much of a players coach and too easy on them. He rather be a friend then coach and sometimes that works and players rather play for those type of coaches. But when the pressure is on and things aren't going their way and something has to be said to get them going and it isn't they lose playoff games to the Broncos or Super Bowls to the Packers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think even Troy said in the beginning of the season that this team needed to be humbled. And it took the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow to (hopefully) do that. Well, for everyone besides Pouncey, obviously.

Wasn't Terry in commercials and have a country record (4 SB rings)?

I agree though, this team came into this past game big headed and Tebow POPPED it!

Banned
    Some of its got to go on Tomlin. Also some of its got to go on the leaders of this team

1.Troy
    2.Ben
    3.Harrison
    4.Farrior
    5.Ward.

Im still tryting to figure out who the leader of the WR's is gonna be if ward decides to go elsewhere or retire. Wallace is to into himself being good, I think Brown can be the guy but it will only be his 3rd season. Cotchery maybe. Idk what it is but this team just didnt seem right this year like maybe they thought theyd walk into the playoffs after seeing the schedule.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Health played the biggest factor in the team being one and done....But I didn't sense the type of team unity like in years past when this team made Super Bowl runs.....

Going forward this team must invest in the offensive line further....Ben actually needs legit pass protection for once......

While everybody loves our WR core and they're good but there isn't a scheme buster on this roster.....Get one or draft a true athletic TE that can bust a defensive scheme like Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham can....Miller is good but not that type of TE....I know I'll continue to be one of the few on that point but its true....I like Miller but he isn't a special player.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Health played the biggest factor in the team being one and done....But I didn't sense the type of team unity like in years past when this team made Super Bowl runs.....

Going forward this team must invest in the offensive line further....Ben actually needs legit pass protection for once......

While everybody loves our WR core and they're good but there isn't a scheme buster on this roster.....Get one or draft a true athletic TE that can bust a defensive scheme like Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham can....Miller is good but not that type of TE....I know I'll continue to be one of the few on that point but its true....I like Miller but he isn't a special player.....
    Agree with most everything said here ,but if given a chance I believe Heath could show more...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Really? Were bringing up commercials and tv shows now? This is a new time, everyone these days are doing commercials and other off the field stuff.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Agree with most everything said here ,but if given a chance I believe Heath could show more...
    I disagree....I like Miller but he will never be a TE that can dictate coverage like Rob Gronkowski....The Steelers will never do it but it was brilliant when New England drafted two young TE's like Gronk and Aaron Hernandez in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft.......Now I do think pair Miller with a TE like that would do wonders for the Steelers offense.....Really its not a knock on Miller its not his fault he wasn't blessed with freak of nature type athletic ability......Look at Jimmy Graham from the Saints as well......Graham used to be a power forward......Those TE's are just athletic freaks.....The Steelers need one or a WR like that....

I do like Brown, Sanders, Wallace but none of those guys can dictate coverage like a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz, and even a Jordy Nelson.....Wallace can with his speed but teams have caught on to Wallace and learned how to defense against his speed but some of this is on Wallace as well since he isn't a physical WR and won't fight for the ball.....

If the Steelers don't add a TE or WR that bust schemes then the offensive line must be upgraded where Ben can pick a part a defense with the weapons he does have.....Ben can be one of the best pocket QB's in the NFL if he has the time in the pocket.........

Rookie Free Agent
    Who are the Steelers team leaders though ? Big Ben was not a locker room favorite just a few seasons ago. Ward ? Not now.....role is dimished if not gone.

You see my point ? I dont feel that this team has great on the field leaders. Joey Porter used to keep his unit pumped up. He was the mouthpiece of Cower's defense. Undisputed leader. Ray Lewis always has the Ravens pumped up. Always. He gets those players motivated.

The Steelers seemed flat to me last year and this year was more of the same. I saw little fire in either squad wgich really underwent little personell change. Cowher was hands on, in your face coach. He inspired. He chewed Willie Colon out in Cincinatti in his last game as the coach and it was brutal. Tomlin is a great coach but he does not bring any passion to this team that this fan can see. Of course Im not in the locker room either....

Dont resign Arians... Move forward.

Retire a few old players and move forward.

This team needs get younger and faster...

Draft Well. Fix a few holes in FA for once.... We win...

Thread Information