Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver's Dime confused Ben

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Denver's Dime confused Ben

Denver came out in a Dime packages that confused Ben and caused him to sputter in the first half, throwing two interceptions. One was called back because of a defensive off sides. Denver has played a nickel on passing downs. This change caused some confusion for the offense. The deep routes weren't open most of the day. But Ben being Ben decided to thread the needle to bad effect. He should have checked down and gone for the short passes and Arians should have switched to a double TE.

The Dime Defense was another reason that the Redman was able to get so many yards rushing. If the Steelers had not fallen behind, the Broncos would have had to abandoned the Dime Defense due to Redman's rushing.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19702711

BA confused BB! Ben is a pro and has faced much better defenses thats no excuse!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Yes, but you practice all week for a nickel and you get dimed. Big Ben made the adjustments after half time. He should have made it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    Yes, but you practice all week for a nickel and you get dimed. Big Ben made the adjustments after half time. He should have made it earlier.
    Don't coaches get paid decent money to pick this up?

IMO again **** poor excuse!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    I think they did. But it was the 3rd quarter. Denver totally confused the Steelers on offense and defense. Tebow was suppose to throw. He did throw. But I've watched Tebow all year. He has trouble with short and mid range passes. He's been very good on the long ball. I still don't understand how Dick Lebeau could have missed that. Also, KC and Buffalo brought alot of pressure. Where was the Steelers pressure? Where was the corner blitz?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben has faced the dime countless times, it's as much up to the WR to make the play as it is for him to make the right read. The Broncos did use a dime that I'm sure the Steelers weren't as ready for but the adjustments were made well within time to come back, as they showed. Would you like to see them adjust quicker, sure, but the gameplan is what it is and the Steelers don't change on the fly very often.

I would have liked to see them go to the no huddle in the 2nd quarter just to switch things up and give Denver's defense something else to think about.

2nd String
    It is called a team adapting a plan to be effective. The Steelers coaching crew should give it a try!

The Steelers deserved to lose that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    Denver came out in a Dime packages that confused Ben and caused him to sputter in the first half, throwing two interceptions. One was called back because of a defensive off sides. Denver has played a nickel on passing downs. This change caused some confusion for the offense. The deep routes weren't open most of the day. But Ben being Ben decided to thread the needle to bad effect. He should have checked down and gone for the short passes and Arians should have switched to a double TE.

The Dime Defense was another reason that the Redman was able to get so many yards rushing. If the Steelers had not fallen behind, the Broncos would have had to abandoned the Dime Defense due to Redman's rushing.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19702711

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    It is called a team adapting a plan to be effective. The Steelers coaching crew should give it a try!

The Steelers deserved to lose that game.
    They did deserved to lose, and they should know how to adjust there game plan,we been dealing with this BS since the days of Coward,it's time for a new beginning change has to come, get rid of BC schemes on offense and defense and bring in new fresh young blood, i don't want KB to be the DC we need someone else from the outside,we still have enough talent to compete so we must take advantage of it NOW, before we enter into the rebuilding mode.

Rookie Free Agent

you all serious

Ben missed 5 wide open receivers in the 1st half due to he cant throw the long ball on time. Crotcherys drop killed us. wallaces drop killed us.

Ben picked them apart in the second half

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    How about Ben was playing crippled and not himself.
    The guy is a warrior but those nagging injuries caught up with him.
    He needs surgery and full offseason rehab. Keep Leftwich as his backup
    and draft a young QB( Lindley from San Diego State would be perfect).

Thread Information