Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tebows OT TD a legal formation?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Tebows OT TD a legal formation?

denverpost.com/broncos/ci_1

Were Tim Tebow's final- play heroics for
    the Broncos against the Steelers divine
    intervention or inaction by the officials
    during Sunday's playoff game?
    Upon further review, it appears as though
    the Broncos may have been lined up in an
    illegal formation...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19706529

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Doesn't matter either way, game is over

My Mood
    Sunshine
    You have to love Mike Pereira (not) If an official stabbed a player he would tell you," it only appears that way,what's really happening is the player on the ground is doing reverse pushups into the knife".

Next to John Harbough, Pereira is the one person I'd love to take a swing at.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former Vice President of Officiating, was asked on Twitter whether Tebow's winning touchdown pass was an illegal formation.

"Watch on any Sunday. This is a good formation compared to many. They are not technical with this," Pereira responded, after seeing the picture accompanying this article.
    They are not technical with this? What are they supposed to be as officials, surely they can count!!! Oh wait, it's Ron Winters crew...never mind..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Formations are often one of the most overlooked aspect of each game. How many times do tackles line up literally in the backfield on pass protection plays? The only time I ever see illegal formations called is when coaches on the sideline are screaming at the officials.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

I'm not shocked the officials were one sided all day!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Formations are often one of the most overlooked aspect of each game. How many times do tackles line up literally in the backfield on pass protection plays? The only time I ever see illegal formations called is when coaches on the sideline are screaming at the officials.

As long as 7 guys are with in a yard of the LOS you are allowed to line up in the backfield. There is a HUGE advantage to the blocker if he can get an extra yard to react to a rushing defender. I can deal with the guy being back an extra foot...ok 2 feet...but the guy is easily 2 yards if not more back from the LOS. That's 6-8 feet back. His head is not even up to the centers butt. If you look at it, it looks to me like he was about to go in motion. Another reason this is illegal....if the defender thinks you are going in motion...then the ball is snapped...you are totally caught off guard. Not a reason we lost...but just another example of how horrible the officials are. It's either fixed OR they are incompetent. Take your pick and fix it MR Goodell.

BTW I watched the video because I thought the snap was right before the guy goes into motion.... not the case... He lined up that far back and stayed there.

Really, does anyone still care? This team was so decimated with injuries that even if they would have lucked out and won they would have been fodder for New England. If the Steelers were healthy heading into this game and got beat the way they did, I would be upset, but that wasn't the case.

Besides, the Steelers had more than one chance to win this game, but the offense couldn't score and the defense couldn't stop that Denver powerhouse. If they were a good (or maybe more accurately, healthy) team the game wouldn't have ended the way it did.

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers would have won if that snap didn't get passed Ben. But oh well, what can you do? I can't wait to see what moves are going to made during the offseason.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Really, does anyone still care? This team was so decimated with injuries that even if they would have lucked out and won they would have been fodder for New England. If the Steelers were healthy heading into this game and got beat the way they did, I would be upset, but that wasn't the case.

Besides, the Steelers had more than one chance to win this game, but the offense couldn't score and the defense couldn't stop that Denver powerhouse. If they were a good (or maybe more accurately, healthy) team the game wouldn't have ended the way it did.
    i agree...there is no way we could have gone any further IMO..with all the BIG injuries we have...sucks we made Tebow look like a golden football God but it is what it is..we lost im slowly getting over the pain and looking forward to next year!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information