Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Hit on Decker

Bookmark and Share
    Sounds like some of these little boys that call themselves "football fans" yet cry about legal hits need to go back to the hospital they were born, trade in their balls and find a new game to watch like tennis, golf, sychronized swimming, cheerleading, etc........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    It didn't help either with Nantz/Simms 'hinting' it may have been illegal. Douche bags.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Frustrated
    just heard john clayton on mike & mike talking about this. golic brought up the fact that because it was harrison will the play be reviewed. clayton then said that he doesn't expect the league to fine him but they will review it because it was james harrison, and if he is fined he's gonna complain a lot and so will the steelers. then greene and golic both said that they will lose their minds. golic said it would be a joke if he got fined. greene said that if he gets fined he might as well retire because he can't hit him high, now you can't hit him low?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Because he "went for his knee on purpose."

People need to put them selves in the defenders shoes. Watch the play. The WR was running full speed across the field almost right at Harrison.

Harrrison of two years ago would have hit the guy right in the chest and probably killed him. Harrison of 2011 went low to avoid the penalty. I've played football and frankly I think most defenders would go low on a guy running right at you full speed. That's a much softer collision then shoulder to chest in that situation. Consider Harrison's fear of the league with the head shots and I think Harrison did exactly what the NFL is telling him to do.

Players have been saying this as well....if we can't hit high then we have to go for the knees. What should he have done? tried grabbing his jersey?

--- Added 1/10/2012 at 08:26 AM ---

Anyone remember that rule that says you cannot hit a QB below the knees? I think they called that Brady rule #2 ....or was it the Palmer rule? Either way Ben was hit more then once below the knees and he didn't even have the ball. It was blatantly ignored and has been all season for Big Ben. That gets ZERO protection.

I wish he would of broke his fn leg completely OFF just to say F U Goodell!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

In no way possible should that hit be fined!! The league shouldn't even be reviewing it,it has no reason. If they are reviewing it Harrison should sue them for discrimination,being single out. The helmet to helmet on Wallace should have been a penalty and fine, if the STEELERS had done it it would be.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    In no way possible should that hit be fined!! The league shouldn't even be reviewing it,it has no reason. If they are reviewing it Harrison should sue them for discrimination,being single out. The helmet to helmet on Wallace should have been a penalty and fine, if the STEELERS had done it it would be.
    If they fine him and I was him I'd quit playing and take up knitting!

I can't even believe this is a discussion!

Pre Goodell = Steelers hard hitting scary defense.

Post Goodell = Not scary afraid to hit anyone, it's an fn JOKE!

Elway: Harrison 'had no other option' but to tackle Decker low NFL.com Wire Reports
    Published: Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:22 a.m.

Whether he goes high or low, James Harrison has trouble escaping his critics, but he's found an unlikely defender in Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway.

After the Steelers linebacker tackled Eric Decker at the knees in Sunday's wild-card thriller -- resulting in a sprained knee for the Broncos wideout -- Elway pointed out that Harrison was making an effort to play according to revised NFL rules cracking down on helmet-to-helmet hits.

"The target is now lower," Elway told KSMT-FM on Monday, via USA Today. "Harrison yesterday, because of the fact that he's been fined so often, really had no other option. ... I don't think he intended to hurt Eric. But obviously because of the situations he's been in, he had to go low and stay away from the head. And it ended up costing an MCL sprain for Eric."

Harrison received a one-game suspension for his illegal helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy this season, after knocking out Browns wide receivers Mohamed Massaquoi and Josh Cribbs with concussions last season -- hits that resulted in hefty fines for the All-Pro linebacker.

Decker, ruled day-to-day for Saturday's divisional playoff meeting with the New England Patriots, is a huge part of the Broncos' passing game, leading the team in receptions (44), receiving yards (612) and touchdowns (8).
    Last edited by BlacknGold Bleeder; 01-10-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Nice to see that elway has common sense. Then again he played in an era where u were actually allowed to hit and play defense. What's simms' excuse for being a douche?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Simms was the shower boy, fn screwball!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the league will fine him for a LOW hit, just like they fine him for HIGH hits.... League just doesn't want him to hit anyone or anybody...

WWWAAAAA WAAAAAA he hits too hard WAAA WAAAAA
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Thread Information