Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expect the same team next year.

Bookmark and Share

Expect the same team next year.

At this point, I think we're all a little bit shocked or angry. Many of us are calling for changes including me. But do you honestly expect anything to change? I don't expect our FO to go out and get any free agents this year. Ben is begging to keep BA for another season...again, and they dont wanna dissapoint their star QB. My guess is that Lebeau will have the choice left up to him on whether or not to step down, so I expect him back also. I expect the same old team with a few minor changes regarding some of the older players but expect the same team and coaching staff next year unless someone in the FO decides that enough is enough.
    Last edited by Steelers_All_Day_43; 01-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    It will be hard, even after several months, to get excited if we have the same coaching staff!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Veteran
    It's hard to say expect the same next year when we don't know what the draft will look like, if the coaching staff will change, if some of the older players will retire (or be let go.) If we'll sustain the same extent of injuries next year and so on.

Let's climb off the ledge and just enjoy the rest of the post season while rooting for the Pats and Rats to lose.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think there will be some changes to the defense and the offensive line. Guys on defense such as Smith,Hampton,Farrior just to name a few need to be let go, and this offensive line needs improved a great deal and it needs to fix some of these problems through free agency.

Arians cannot come back. LeBeau was not good yesterday, but I'll take him for another year or so. RELEVANT Players wise, look for Hines, Farrior, Smith, Batch, Hamp, Foote, McFadden, Suisham to be gone.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    At this point, I think we're all a little bit shocked or angry. Many of us are calling for changes including me. But do you honestly expect anything to change? I don't expect our FO to go out and get any free agents this year. Ben is begging to keep BA for another season...again, and they dont wanna dissapoint their star QB. My guess is that Lebeau will have the choice left up to him on whether or not to step down, so I expect him back also. I expect the same old team with a few minor changes and coaching staff next year unless someone in the FO decides that enough is enough.
    maybe the rooneys and/or tomlin will finally sack up and tell ben that he doesn't call the shots, they do. he is an employee of the steelers and is compensated very well, and if they want to fire arians, then ben should shut his pie hole and except whomever is the next OC they hire.

bottom line, is, the sound that was heard after the game was the window slamming shut. the FO has to realize that this isn't the team, players and coaches, that's gonna get back to the 2008-09 level. and that window is not gonna open unless drastic changes are made, namely the OC.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Well, if a few people stick around with their coloring books and crayons, I know for a fact who will expect a change from me.. Directv!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    It will be hard, even after several months, to get excited if we have the same coaching staff!
    I was just thinking the same thing, change is good and we need it, on both sides of the ball,i'll still root for my Steelers, but i'll be extremely dissapointed if the same staff is back next season...

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    bottom line, is, the sound that was heard after the game was the window slamming shut. the FO has to realize that this isn't the team, players and coaches, that's gonna get back to the 2008-09 level. and that window is not gonna open unless drastic changes are made, namely the OC.
    Had the same OC in '08...

Rookie Free Agent
    I think PB only brought Arians back this year because of the lockout. Putting in a new offense in the short time they had would have been difficult. Tomlin acknowledged today in his press conference that change could be coming but continuity would be the goal.

I hope BA is done as I have never, ever cared for him. He was not even good enough for Cleveland.

Thread Information