Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So everybody that wanted that first round bye... How do you feel right about now?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    The pro bowl snubbed Ike Taylor? He is who we thought he was.
    LMAO, this was the last year he'll ever even sniff a Pro Bowl...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    What do you mean, "everybody that wanted a first round bye." I thought everybody did want a first round bye...isn't that kind of the goal of every team in the NFL going into the playoffs?

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    What do you mean, "everybody that wanted a first round bye." I thought everybody did want a first round bye...isn't that kind of the goal of every team in the NFL going into the playoffs?
    I thought Super Bowl was the goal... And being healthy > regular season accolades.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    I thought Super Bowl was the goal... And being healthy > regular season accolades.
    Going into the playoffs, everyones goal is to be seeded as high as possible. Why would you not want a first round bye?

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    The bottom line is you cant get swept by your division rival two games especially the way they lost the 2nd game here in Pittsburgh with the 92 yard drive by Flacco and still expect to be able to win the division and get a bye in the playoffs. As I wrote in the other thread the Steelers had their chances this season to write a lot of their wrongs and they failed miserably to do so everytime there was an opportunity presented to them...

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Going into the playoffs, everyones goal is to be seeded as high as possible. Why would you not want a first round bye?
    To get healthy for a playoff run? A healthy Steelers team wins that game and moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Health had little to do with last night cluster ****.....unless you're talking about mental health....of our coaching staff!
    You don't think the health of our defense had anything to do with last night?? what are you drinking?? we were down to 3 healthy linemen, missing our starting safety and a less then healthy Woodley,.How can you sit there with a straight face and say that the health of the defense had nothing to do with it?? If Clark is playing I'm pretty sure Ike would have had the help over the top it looked like he was expecting on that last play...for that matter if Clark was playing how much more help would have been provided all night long!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The bottom line is you cant get swept by your division rival two games especially the way they lost the 2nd game here in Pittsburgh with the 92 yard drive by Flacco and still expect to be able to win the division and get a bye in the playoffs. As I wrote in the other thread the Steelers had their chances this season to write a lot of their wrongs and they failed miserably to do so everytime there was an opportunity presented to them...
    And it was also you who explain the scenarios each week at how we can get a bye

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Ben should have played against SF. Absolutely the right call there. However once the Steelers lost to the niners he should have been shut down for the rest of the regular season.

Charlie Batch should have been more than capable of beating St. Louis and Cleveland.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    However once the Steelers lost to the niners he should have been shut down for the rest of the regular season.Charlie Batch should have been more than capable of beating St. Louis and Cleveland.
    100% truth.

If you need your starting quarterback to beat the Rams and the Browns, then the team must obviously not be so "offensively equipped" as many are claiming it to be. And if it is that "offensively equipped," then Tomlin is an idiot who doesn't know how to bench his star player so he can get healthy or he is an idiot that feels he can't win without riding his injured star player.

Thread Information