Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So everybody that wanted that first round bye... How do you feel right about now?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar

So everybody that wanted that first round bye... How do you feel right about now?

This is what happens when you aren't healthy in the playoffs... You lose to the f'ing Broncos and a quarterback that threw for only 60 yards on the Chiefs the week before.

I was one of the few willing to accept a healthy 5 seed but I still feel like a Caps fan. The decision makers failed us and I'm starting to question where their interest really lies.

Do you really believe it wouldn't have been better to have a first round bye and a home game?
    The coaching staff made a decision and stuck with it,was it the right one?? It is easy to second guess now,but if there was still a chance at a first round bye ,I believe you have to go for it...
    Would it have been easier to throw in the towel and have Ben healthier on a few weeks rest? Nobody will know that answer, but you can always play in that second guess world if you want.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Banned
    After being out-coached against San Francisco, Tomlin should've made the best coaching decision he could've made by benching Roethlisberger for the last two weeks. If we ended up with the bye then he would've had 4 weeks off. If we didn't get the bye, then he would've had 3 weeks off.

Would Roethlisberger have been 100%? Probably not, but at least the Broncos wouldn't have been able to create a game plan against a quarterback that they knew for a fact was injured.

Tomlin got out-coached because he revealed his cards to the opposing coach. "Hey Fox, my quarterback is hurt and immobile, what are you going to do?"

Fox responded.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 01-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The first round bye could have made a world of difference but we'll never know. Ben gets another week of rest, Pouncey possibly is able to go, you don't lose Keisel, Starks, and Hampton. Maybe things are different, maybe not but having a first round bye is what every coach will shoot for every time.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    I was with you StillersSound; one of the few. Tomlin went "all in" in trying win Division, even when the odds dictated the wiser course was to accept WC seed and get healthy. Team was mismanaged and ill-prepared for making any kind of play-off run. Very disappointing to say the least.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't like that we lost, but i'm glad because we were way to banged up,now we pick no less than 21 and if we make the right adjustments i REALLY like our chances, i always say that if we are healthy we can beat anybody it wasn't meant to be for us this year... we will be better and different looking because of the cap space next year and i'm excited, we will have atleast a new OC hopefully a new DC to

Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    This is what happens when you aren't healthy in the playoffs... You lose to the f'ing Broncos and a quarterback that threw for only 60 yards on the Chiefs the week before.

I was one of the few willing to accept a healthy 5 seed but I still feel like a Caps fan. The decision makers failed us and I'm starting to question where their interest really lies.
    Ike wasn't playing hurt, Mundy neither, just say'n!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BURGH View Post
    we will have atleast a new OC hopefully a new DC to
    You reall think we'll have a new OC?

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Health had little to do with last night cluster ****.....unless you're talking about mental health....of our coaching staff!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The first round bye could have made a world of difference but we'll never know. Ben gets another week of rest, Pouncey possibly is able to go, you don't lose Keisel, Starks, and Hampton. Maybe things are different, maybe not but having a first round bye is what every coach will shoot for every time.
    Would it really though? They got even more banged up then they were trying to get it. They were given 10 days until the San Fran game and we saw how that ended. You really think if they had this week off a different team would have showed up this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ike wasn't playing hurt, Mundy neither, just say'n!
    The pro bowl snubbed Ike Taylor? He is who we thought he was.

Thread Information