Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Old, Injured, and Done

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Time to revamp this team

A lot of you will not admit it but the defense looked old this season and the offensive line is below subpar. The whole O-line except for Pouncey needs to be replaced with some draft picks and free agents. Redman needs to start with Rashard coming off the bench.

On defense the Steelers need to let Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Foote, Gay, Farrior, Ryan Clark and Timmons go. Time to rebuild and get younger via the draft and FA.

Hampton--down hill
    Smith--getting up in age and injury prone
    Harrison--looks like he is down hill
    Foote--definately down hill
    Farrior--down hill
    Clark--too slow to play safety
    Timmons--disapointment since he was drafted

Flame suit on...let me have it folks.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 01-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.

exactly ben shouldnt have played from the 49ers game on. batch is good enough to get us through those games. with a healthy ben things might have been different.

Farrior, Foote should of never seen the field this year!

Hampton, Smith need to retire!

Tomlin's biggest problem is he doesn't trust the young guys, this method has us about 3 years behind!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's a good thing that Foote did come back though because there was literally no experience behind him other than Sylvester who had a rough training camp and pre season. Having said that his cap hit 3.6 million this year so if he is going to return it will definitely be via a restructure or cut and return for less money.

I'd love Farrior and Foote to be shown the door, but I simply don't see it happening, we've got Sly, but he is still an unknown commodity (he should have seen some third down action this year at least) - and then Timmons who we still have faith in, but could still improve aspects of his play.

I see us using one of a first three picks on an inside backer, but he won't see the field unless he lights up camp.

We've got far too comfortable with the likes of Farrior, that needs to change right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    I see us using one of a first three picks on an inside backer, but he won't see the field unless he lights up camp.
    I agree. Those three picks, IMO, should be (in any order based on best player) nose tackel, MILB and OG.

This is the year that we should also look to tap into free agency. Farrior was a free agent pick up. Well, let's go after this year's Farrior as our line backer (and go after a solid line man to upgrade the OLine.)

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    It was Tomlins fault that Ben was still injured. He could have rested him the past couple weeks or ATLEAST last week.
    Yes, and had Tomlin benched Ben and the Bengals beat the Ravens and the Steelers would have lost to the Browns without Ben, everyone would have been complaining that Ben needed to play. Fans complain no matter what the coaches do. I am not being a homer and saying I dont question anything Tomlin does, but the Steelers needed to win, just in case the Bengals actually pulled one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I agree. Those three picks, IMO, should be (in any order based on best player) nose tackel, MILB and OG.
    Yep with you, . . . when push comes to shove it's our inconsistent offense that is costing us the most, and it's biggest problem (Arians apart) is protecting Ben and ploughing furrows in the run game, so the best Guard available would make the most sense, plug him in at LG, then round two should be NT or ILB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The whole offensive line needs to be blown up except for Pouncey and the whole defensive line blown up except for Ziggy.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    A lot of you will not admit it but the defense looked old this season and the offensive line is below subpar. The whole O-line except for Pouncey needs to be replaced with some draft picks and free agents. Redman needs to start with Rashard coming off the bench.

On defense the Steelers need to let Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Foote, Gay, Farrior, Ryan Clark and Timmons go. Time to rebuild and get younger via the draft and FA.

Hampton--down hill
    Smith--getting up in age and injury prone
    Harrison--looks like he is down hill
    Foote--definately down hill
    Farrior--down hill
    Clark--too slow to play safety
    Timmons--disapointment since he was drafted

Flame suit on...let me have it folks.
    Timmons, although somewhat a dissapointment, should not be let go..he is young and good and under contract...he led the team in tackles last yr and played out of position this yr but would have otherwise

Thread Information