Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Mendenhall

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    You know who im thinking of getting rid of..?
    cold gets a slam on BA in every post...and you know what? I FREAKING LOVE IT! don't go changin cold!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    wouldnt get anything for him now...

i think Redman proved he could be a #1 back.

now let barron. dwyer. mendy. clay. fight it out behind him. cut moore btw...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

We need to play him as our starter... then when a team loses their ace RB in the first 3 weeks of the season. trade him to them....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Baron Batch is going to make things really interesting next year. He's going to fight Mewelde for his job and that Clay/Dwyer battle should be fun.

Honestly I'm not convinced Mendenhall can't be a great back but he needs a good offensive line to be great consistently. Until the Steelers figure out a way to do that it's going to be more of the same every year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    but he needs a good offensive line to be great consistently. Until the Steelers figure out a way to do that it's going to be more of the same every year.
    A good OL makes all backs run like all pros.

Even though the league has moved to a pass first mentality, there will be a team that bulks up and runs well and beats the NE, NO and GBs of the league and then people notice and start to copy. We should lead the efforts there.

44 pass attempts yesterday, who needs a RB?? Trade them all BA would love it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Rashard is possibly the best all around running back. i hear a lot of complaining about his "sissy' running style, but he carries the heavey hitter load when neccasary (browns game when ben was hurt) and when he dances around the last player in the secondary and scores im sure none of the Mendy haters would be upset.

Also i liked clay in college, so when mendy and redman leave, he will shine big time. he is big burly and fast, want to see him develop more.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by PITTxPRIDE View Post
    Rashard is possibly the best all around running back. i hear a lot of complaining about his "sissy' running style, but he carries the heavey hitter load when neccasary (browns game when ben was hurt) and when he dances around the last player in the secondary and scores im sure none of the Mendy haters would be upset.

Also i liked clay in college, so when mendy and redman leave, he will shine big time. he is big burly and fast, want to see him develop more.
    How often does he get the chance to dance around the last player in the secondary? Once every 100 carries? He never even gets past the front 7.

My Mood
    Mellow
    i wish mendy was utilized in the passing game a lot more. get him out in space and he could really shine. sadly our offensive "system" prevents that.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Rookie Free Agent
    Mendenhall has no heart. Redman is all heart. He never quits. He ran for 240+ yards in two starts using the same OL that Spinthenfall could do nothing behind. I dont expect PB to make Redman the starter but I sure would like to see him run away with the job early next while Rashard is still getting patched up.

Thread Information