Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers defense was overrated all year long

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    IMO the whole damn team was overrated! Ben was a dud, NO pass rush at all! Time for change! Clean house Tomlin!
    Arians goes first. A new game plan and some of our current players will look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Arians goes first. A new game plan and some of our current players will look a lot better.
    I agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000%!

Get this fn stiff out of here NOW!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Like a piece of steel, when bent over and over, it eventually breaks. Witness last play in Denver. Like that sportscaster said over the air when Pirates lost playoffs with past ball several years ago: "What a sh__ty way to lose."
    STEELSPIKES

Yea the bend but dont break defense loves giving up points after our offense scores a td. There should be a stat for that "How many points does a defense give up the next opponets possesion after there offense scored the drive before" The steelers probably would rank top 3.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Are any of us going to be shocked if Bruce is back in 2012? I hope not.

On the defense, I firmly believe that they are not completely done. There is young talent emerging and young veterans taking over. Guys like Woodley, Lewis, Timmons, and Hood are in the prime of their careers.

Older veterans like Polamalu, Clark, and Keisel are still at the top of their game. The defense in 2012 will have even more youth as guys like Farrior, Aaron Smith, Hoke, and possibly Hampton will have to decide if they want to stick around. More importantly the coaches will have to make tough decisions.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Are any of us going to be shocked if Bruce is back in 2012? I hope not.
    I will be surprised because his contract expiredand I just can't imagine them offering him a new one. I have a different feeling than the previous years. If they didn't sack him after 9-7 season, I knew they wouldn't after SB loss but this year is different.... at least i hope..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Search your soul, look into your heart and minds SteelerNation and you'll see it was true. The #1 overall defense in statistics but on the field it was a different story. Credit the #1 defense ranking to the Steelers playing teams like the Rams, Browns, Chiefs, and Bengals. Not exactly the kind of offenses that put up 30 or 40 points in a week.

You hate to say it, hate to admit it but the truth is the Steelers defense was exposed at various times during the year and today in epic fashion.
    This is the truth. They were definitely overrated because I never remember a season where there was such a large number of completely uncompetitive teams (might've been because of the lockout combined with teams dogging it for a pick or because they simply knew they had no chance, like the Colts).

However, people really need to also come to terms with the fact that this is a new NFL that is structured to allow a lot of passing and scoring. All the offensive records being broken by quarterbacks shows that that structure is working. So basically, our defense, or any defense, isn't going to be able to hold teams down to two touchdowns or less every game unless the other team's offense sucks.

Honestly, I don't care if the defense changes at all by next season. What I want is for this team's offense to conform to the new NFL and be able to score 20+ consistently. We have a pro-bowl quarterback who is the 4th or 5th best quarterback in the league. A quarterback is the hardest piece to obtain. We have it. We need everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    the coaching staff was out coached also.
    Fox definitely out-coached Tomlin.

No turnovers, no sacks, no QB pressure equals a highly overrated defense! It was boring as hell watching them play!

Watch what the Ravens do to Yates this weekend, it'll be over by half!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    No turnovers, no sacks, no QB pressure equals a highly overrated defense! It was boring as hell watching them play!

Watch what the Ravens do to Yates this weekend, it'll be over by half!
    And yet they gave up 20+ to several teams that are capable of scoring like the Cardinals, Titans, and Chargers. They stopped the same sucky teams that we stopped and they finished with the same record that we finished with except they beat our asses twice.

If the Chargers put up 34, the Pats will put up 30+ also in two weeks.

Thread Information