Thread: Not shocked...

Bookmark and Share

Not shocked...

I tried to deny it all I could, but this team was way too banged up to compete today.

Big Ben hobbled, operating at 50%, Pouncey out, Mendenhall out (though Redman did great!), Clark out, Kiesel and Hampton knocked out. Woodley hobbled by hamstring.

If the Steelers were healthy up front on the DL I think we would have seen more pressure get to Tebow. We could have seen more plays made by the linebackers. Maybe Tebow wouldn't have had all day long to torch Ike Taylor.

It's a testament to the heart and character of this team that it even made it to OT after they fell behind 20-6.

http://thevoicesays.blogspot.com/201...lers-fall.html
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    They need to make atleast two minor free agent acquisitions.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

They need a strong infusion of youth on the defense. Hampton, Aaron Smith, Farrior, all need replaced. Need another strong CB too plus a few O lineman.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Sorry to say, I totally called this one with my fellow steeler fans at work. I was certain we were too injured to contain the Tebow effect. Unfortunately, and you cannot believe how unhappy I am to be right...I was exactly correct. There were additional injuries that cost us the game. We just did not have what we needed on D to win this one. I hope next year is better.

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 08:49 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    They need a strong infusion of youth on the defense. Hampton, Aaron Smith, Farrior, all need replaced. Need another strong CB too plus a few O lineman.
    I agree, I hope we get both younger and stronger on D and some great O-line help is absolutely required
    :logospin:

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    Not surprised either. This team was too banged up. And they didn't play well all season. Ecking out wins. They made the Indianapolis Colts look good. Need to upgrade some of our guys.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The fact that we could have sat ben and gave him essentially a 3 WEEK BYE in order to get healthy for a playoff game on the road and didn't is mind boggling. That alone set us up for failure in the post season. I don't want to hear that I'm an idiot and It's easy to say that now. DONT GET ME WRONG, I was all for having him play against SF for the division as well. At least up until the point where I saw him warming up in SF. A hobbled ben and other injuries across the board still got us to overtime against denver. What would the outcome have been if we had Big Ben coming off of three weeks of rest? That falls on Tomlin alone.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    I thought they were good enough to beat the Broncos. But, I never thought they were going any further than that. They were decimated by injuries. And although we had a 12-4 record, I never felt this team ever hit its stride. There big win was vs the Patriots was back in october. They played to the level of there competition all year. I said that losing that second Ravens game would comeback to bite us in the ***. And it did. We lost homefield. Certainly could have used the bye. Had we won that game, we would have been the number one seed.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information