Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where it was lost.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    It was lost when BA picked up his box of 144 crayolas and schemed his 'onslaught.'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    yea the OL played great.....lol allowing pressure on Ben with 3-4 men pass rushing most of the game......As for Ben's **** passes....Big drops by Cotchery and Wallace were huge early in the game.....

Aside from the overtime screw up by Ike and Mundy, I felt like all the other big passes that were let up were a result of no pass rush and giving Tebow way too much time. If you give any QB in the NFL that much time to pass, he will complete some passes and be much more accurate.

Once Kiesel and Hampton went down, that's when it all started. Clearly, McClendon and Heyward are not ready to be quality starters. Ziggy pretty much sucked as well. It's up to them to clear the way for the linebackers. The days of Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Brett Kiesel in their prime are gone and so is the pass rush. Besides O-line, the Steelers better draft some new D-line players as well... unless of course Tomlin has plans to switch to a 4-3 when Dick retires.

whole host of reasons . . . .

for me it all started to go down hill with just having to settle for field goalsin the opening quarter . . .

Ben was not at the races today . . . the dropped catch by Wallace, yes should have been made, but it was a poor throw, ten yards deeper and Wallace wud have been walking in for a TD, and later Sanders had his man beat on a timing route, only for Ben to hopelessly overthrow him!!

Ben made a handful of good passes all day . . .

I admit this O'line is pretty putrid and he is of course shackled by Arians, but at some point he needs to step up, injured or not!

For example at the end of regulation we needed about 7-10 yards to make the field goal tryable, . . . we should have run quick outs, get the ball out of his hands, instead he winds up getting sacked hanging onto it (again) and we end up having no hope!!

We deserve all we got, . . . this is a banged up team, with too many old faces and being very poorly coached, . . . recipe for disaster!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    The hell are you guys talking about o-line for? Ben was throwing **** passes all day and was taking forever to get rid of the ball on several occasions.
    Because the OLine was aweful. Did you not see the hail mary play where Denver rushed 3 against our 5 linemen and still sacked the QB? I saw that. The OLine needs serious help, another high pick in the draft (even trading a pick to move up) and perhaps even bringing in a free agent who's solid.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Anyone notice the complete lack of player discipline on this team this year. As in, who is in charge or I am better than you (read individual selfishness). There were so many missed assignments last nite. Both lines remained wide open the whole game. How is that possible? Look at that last play for a prime example. Pouncey blowin it up on Twitter, Dipshit Harrison a year after still doin his stuff, Kemo the slob of them all with total no control. Something is wrong with this picture. Too much money with nothing to lose is my answer.

And their fans.

Dick looked lost on the sidelines, he had no clue WTF to do!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Because the OLine was aweful. Did you not see the hail mary play where Denver rushed 3 against our 5 linemen and still sacked the QB? I saw that. The OLine needs serious help, another high pick in the draft (even trading a pick to move up) and perhaps even bringing in a free agent who's solid.
    Last time I'll say it, Denver did not rush 3. They rushed 5. If you ask JensK he'll say 4. Either way, they blitzed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Last time I'll say it, Denver did not rush 3. They rushed 5. If you ask JensK he'll say 4. Either way, they blitzed.
    That doesn't change the fact that the OL sucks, and gave him no time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It was lost when the Steelers settled for field goals in the first quarter. It was lost in the 2nd quarter when the offense couldn't move the ball and the defense couldn't stop anybody. It was lost by the lack of a pass rush, injuries, and poor secondary play. It was a total team meltdown at the worse times. You can't cover up all those deficiencies all the time, sooner or later they'll bite you.

Our defense looked worn out in the second qtr... they never recovered.

our Offense needs to stay on the field. play for first downs. and no give aways...

Our offense has killed us all year. little by little. If Arians is back.. The FO needs to go..

I wish Worilds would have played... 56 and 92 looked slow being held..

Thread Information