Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison not up to par?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

James Harrison not up to par?

He almost had a worse game than Ike. It seemed like he had never seen this offense in his life and completely sucked tonight way to go silverback/deebo

I don't think it was that bad but he was certainly not the same player who earned the DPOY. I think this witch-hunting on him is taking its toll.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Simms said when he spoke to LeBeau, LeBeau claimed he had them ready for the Bronco's option run.. hahaha. Harrison had no clue what to do today. He broke contain on every option run to his side.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    Simms said when he spoke to LeBeau, LeBeau claimed he had them ready for the Bronco's option run.. hahaha. Harrison had no clue what to do today. He broke contain on every option run to his side.
    Yup. Harrison was out of position several times on Tebow keepers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

I know I'm going to sound bitchy here, but what was Harrison really supposed to do? The option-plays was so perfect against our defense. You shift get the ball and run to the side. Harrison never had any backup over there, so he kept contain on Tebow most of the time. He could hardly be asked to cover the option as well, which was left wide open on numerous occasions. I might be mistaken, but I think that most of Tebow's runs came on the inside.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    He almost had a worse game than Ike. It seemed like he had never seen this offense in his life and completely sucked tonight way to go silverback/deebo
    He was held on more than one occasion. Pass rush is being faded out by non-holding calls throughout the league. We need to score 20+ consistently, because expecting to hold teams to under 20 consistently in this new NFL is unrealistic.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Harrison was schooled both times he played against Joe Thomas in the Browns game. Coming into this game getting Woodley back on the field, you were lulled into thinking it was going to be a breakout performance and a multi sack game.

The fact is, Harrison was out of position, falling down, and sucking wind on too many occasions. It wasn't his best game, he has them from time to time, everybody does. Like Ike Taylor though you wish it didn't happen in the playoffs.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I know I'm going to sound bitchy here, but what was Harrison really supposed to do? The option-plays was so perfect against our defense. You shift get the ball and run to the side. Harrison never had any backup over there, so he kept contain on Tebow most of the time. He could hardly be asked to cover the option as well, which was left wide open on numerous occasions. I might be mistaken, but I think that most of Tebow's runs came on the inside.

Your right!!!!! Because again, HAMPTON IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no real presence in the
    middle and haven't had one in a while.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Agreed. To me it seemed like Harrison was actually the only one with any chance on Tebow for every option. He was the only player who kept his eye on Tebow but Tebow is obviously quicker on his feet than Harrison and, like you said JensK, Harrison never had a backup there to help him.

Also it's hard to have an impact when you have a 300 pound guy pulling at your arm the entire game.

And where was the $61 million man? Too fatigued for half the game again? Woodley might want to add another move other than the bullrush to his arsenal.

Thread Information