Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Officials Rant

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Its not going to chance back to the good old days....Fuhrer Goodell wants to appeal to the casual football fans and the fantasy football fans.....nothing but offense and scoring...Its sad but true...are only option as fans is to not watch....which I'm getting close to doing.....serious doubts if I renew my Sunday Ticket next year....
    I've headed in the direction of no longer watching any games because the blatantly blown calls have reached a point of being ridiculous. And it's all for the reasons you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Calls were blown in epic fashion on both sides of the ball. It's as simple as that. If he calls even 1/3 of the holds his crew missed in this game the outcome may have been different. Maybe not but the issue of poor officiating is beyond out of control.
    Beyond out of control and sickening!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Do you think that the league and Goodell have at some point acknowledged that calling holds on Harrison would slow the game down so much that they all just agree not to call them? Serious question.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Yep the officiating sucked just like it does in every game every week seems that's how the NFL wants their product displayed.

What bothers me the most, once again a LeBeau led defense made a high school QB look all pro.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Do you think that the league and Goodell have at some point acknowledged that calling holds on Harrison would slow the game down so much that they all just agree not to call them? Serious question.
    I think it was probably more of a "calling holds slows down all offenses so let's take it easy on holds UNLESS we need to call one on a team that doesn't need to have it not called because the other team would be more exciting in the playoffs."

This seems like something that would be said.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I think it was probably more of a "calling holds slows down all offenses so let's take it easy on holds UNLESS we need to call one on a team that doesn't need to have it not called because the other team would be more exciting in the playoffs."

This seems like something that would be said.
    I had to read that about 3 times before I got it all but well said..LOL.

Somewhere in the bowls of the NFL headquarters or in Roger Goodell's living room, he's giggling like a little school girl at how this game went down. The Steelers are out of it and James Harrison got called for a penalty..all is right with the world.

Harrison should call the law and report a major case of *** rape!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I had to read that about 3 times before I got it all but well said..LOL.

Somewhere in the bowls of the NFL headquarters or in Roger Goodell's living room, he's giggling like a little school girl at how this game went down. The Steelers are out of it and James Harrison got called for a penalty..all is right with the world.
    The Steelers, Falcons, Houston, Cincinnati, and Baltimore were/are part of the unexciting tandem of teams that the NFL would dislike in the Superbowl. I predict some bad calls against Baltimore next week.

As was said, the Steelers didn't lose because of the refs, but the unusual calls have become a plague.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Listening to Tim Benz on the Cooler Talk post game show, Ron Winter is a joke, I knew the team was doomed before the start. There were so many calls that were blown for both teams but the Steelers got the short end of the stick. They beat themselves last night but they also got knocked down a few more notches by the Broncos and officials.

When you have to overcome yourself and officials too, makes it twice as hard. This is nothing new for the Steelers though, they've been doing it for years now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Actually now that I think about it...I can't really remember one penalty call where I was like . I thought for the most part they were all pretty warranted. It's the non calls that bother me.

where was the helmet to helmet hit call, the one where Wallace got flattened!

If that Was James it would have been called and everyone would be going crazy about it!

pathetic!!

Thread Information