Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Officials Rant

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Oh god. Let's not do this.
    It's not whining or unsportsmanlike to talk about this. As a matter of fact, it would be stupid not to talk about it. It's like digging your head in the sand and making pretend it doesn't go on.

The officials, through some form of explicit or implicit orders from the league office make certain call for games to go a certain way. It happens nearly every game. All a Steelers fan has to do is think back to the interception that Polamalu made on Manning in 2005 that was then overturned by an explanation that made no sense.

The more people stop listening to the media's banter about it being "whining" or about how "the calls even out in the end," the more this $hit will be under the spotlight, and then maybe the league would have to stop it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I understand that there were quite a few bad calls in the game and I'm not saying that it's ridiculous to talk about them, but I feel like it's one of those things that we talk about over and over as if we for whatever reason expected different results. Until the NFL changes how the officials are trained and some of the iffy rules in the NFL, the officiating in every game will forever be awful.

Banned
    Until the NFL changes how the officials are trained and some of the iffy rules in the NFL, the officiating in every game will forever be awful.
    I understand that I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but I feel the writing is on the wall at this point. The officials know what they're doing, and they're doing it intentionally and with a motive. People need to put away any bias they have for their team and point out calls that make no sense on both sides.

It's time for people to start spotlighting these "bad" calls so the league is forced to make changes, rather than listening to sports writers and sports radio hosts who claim that talking about the refs "bad" calls is "whiny."

The Falcons were robbed on their 4th and inches in the second quarter after a "phantom spot." I hope the video makes it on youtube by a Dirty Bird fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I understand that I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but I feel the writing is on the wall at this point. The officials know what they're doing, and they're doing it intentionally and with a motive. People need to put away any bias they have for their team and point out calls that make no sense on both sides.

It's time for people to start spotlighting these "bad" calls so the league is forced to make changes, rather than listening to sports writers and sports radio hosts who claim that talking about the refs "bad" calls is "whiny."

The Falcons were robbed on their 4th and inches in the second quarter after a "phantom spot." I hope the video makes it on youtube by a Dirty Bird fan.
    I think we have a group of people who are too old to keep up with the play of people 40 years younger than they are. They try to be consistent but the rules are so ridiculous and the replay has become so bizarre especially as relates to catches - what is a catch or an interception? Who knows? I can't figure it out. Someone needs to get this crap under control for every team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    I think we have a group of people who are too old to keep up with the play of people 40 years younger than they are. They try to be consistent but the rules are so ridiculous and the replay has become so bizarre especially as relates to catches - what is a catch or an interception? Who knows? I can't figure it out. Someone needs to get this crap under control for every team.

You're last point is right on! The rule for a catch has been given so much incomprehensible fine print, that only the refs no what is and what isn't a catch, and they seem to make the call depending on the situation. I have really become disenfranchised by football over the past few years because of the intentional vagueness of rules that allow for refs to make certain calls that seem to "coincidentally" help one team or another.

He has to have complete possession and "make a football move"? What the #&%^ is a football move?

My Mood
    Addicted
    What the #&%^ is a football move?
    Anything.

Banned
    Anything.
    So then what isn't a football move? Nothing? Is there ever "nothing"?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its not going to chance back to the good old days....Fuhrer Goodell wants to appeal to the casual football fans and the fantasy football fans.....nothing but offense and scoring...Its sad but true...are only option as fans is to not watch....which I'm getting close to doing.....serious doubts if I renew my Sunday Ticket next year....

My Mood
    Addicted
    So then what isn't a football move? Nothing? Is there ever "nothing"?
    Exactly.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ron Winter is a disgrace to NFL officials. The league knows it, the fans know it, he has these kinds of games all year long, all the time, every year.

Calls were blown in epic fashion on both sides of the ball. It's as simple as that. If he calls even 1/3 of the holds his crew missed in this game the outcome may have been different. Maybe not but the issue of poor officiating is beyond out of control.

Thread Information