Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should have let Suisham kick it at the end

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Destossel View Post
    Surely you are trolling. Suisam ranked 34th in the NFL. There are only 32 teams ! He has trouble with 35 yarders. His career long is 52. Even Tebow praying to Jesus for him would never have gotten him 67 yards.

Oh....we need a new kicker for 2012 too....
    Oh boy, 22 posts and you have it all figured out!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    no way let him kick it... should have called a better play on first down in order to give him a real shot.

all i could visualize when the annoucers were saying kick it was a blocked fg for a TD...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    by Chuck Finder - Suisham would have kicked from 50s
    If the Steelers’ offense reached the Denver 39-yard line, Mike Tomlin said he was prepared to send out Shaun Suisham for a game-winning FG try. “We were comfortable anywhere in the low- to mid-50s,” he said. “Obviously, it didn’t develop.” Suisham's career high is 52. Steelers RapidReports

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    by Chuck Finder - Suisham would have kicked from 50s
    If the Steelers’ offense reached the Denver 39-yard line, Mike Tomlin said he was prepared to send out Shaun Suisham for a game-winning FG try. “We were comfortable anywhere in the low- to mid-50s,” he said. “Obviously, it didn’t develop.” Suisham's career high is 52. Steelers RapidReports
    The offense just needed basically 10 more yards after the Sanders great catch to get into legit makeable FG range for Suisham. The last 4 plays after the Sanders catch were completely and totally inexcusable. With that being said, I still would have sent him out to kick the FG from 60 plus...

Losing this game sucked. Losing it to Denver, who had limped in to the playoffs in what appeared to be worst shape than us (their whole passing game was injured) definitiely sucked. My best guess is that if Shanky was allowed to kick, he would have misssed it badly, or it would have been blocked and returned and we would all be yelling about that stupid decision.

Shanky being asked to kick a 60+........................C'mon man! 2 or 3 weeks ago, I would have settled for 37.

Teams that lose are probably going to be more ruthelss and smart about making decisions like who stays, who goes and who gets drafted. Change will be an upgrade.

Like Latrobe, I said some things to my TV this past season that made my teenagers blush.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm telling you guys and I stand by this. Why I don't know that it bothers me so much but it does. I just had this feeling that maybe he could have made it. We talked about this on the podcast last night, could you imagine if Shaun Suisham had made that NFL record setting field goal and the Steelers had won? Imagine the story lines on that one.

More than that though, it wasn't such an outrageous possibility for Suisham to bang that one through. Like I said before, he was banging 60 yd kicks with ease and he was kicking off better than ever all day long. Was that coincidence? No it's the altitude and thin air at the stadium. I realize he's lucky to be consistent with a kick inside the 40 but he did make a 45 yd.kick in that game and like I said his kickoffs were the best in his career.

You tell your blockers, hey be ready just in case this one is blocked to jump on that ball and be aware of the potential return should it fall short. That's something special teamers should be aware of anyways.

I'm just saying you never know.

correct me if i'm wrong but i don't believe an NFL record distance field goal has EVER been kicked in denver. all this talk about thin air makes it sound like a magic elixir...remember, you still need a good kicker to pull it off.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but i don't believe an NFL record distance field goal has EVER been kicked in denver. all this talk about thin air makes it sound like a magic elixir...remember, you still need a good kicker to pull it off.
    All of Suishams kicks were absolutely perfect on Sunday. I believe he had hit like a 45 yarder, right down the middle, with atleast 15 or 20 yards to spare. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he had the leg for a 65 yarder.

Thread Information