Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit dissappointed by Farrior

Bookmark and Share

bit dissappointed by Farrior

in our local paper the posted the he wrote a message of encouragement for the team and playoffs but it involves cash not the fans , not the passion and pride of being champs, not the blue collar steel workers message but cash.
    I loved the steelers because growing up it was about the steeltown, the hardworkers, the rocky bleier passion. not the $bling , no cheerleaders no flash, No I in team stuff.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wouldn't question Potsie's heart or desire to win by any stretch. He's been there, done that for so long and is the leader of the defense on the field. He knows what's at stake and I'm sure he realizes what it means to the fans as well.

As fans we like to think the players are playing for us. In some sense they are; they love it when the crowd gets behind them. They love seeing the Terrible Towels everywhere and the city buzzing about the team. When it comes down to it they are playing for each other and for their jobs/paycheck. We're just along for the ride.

Players pick up a nice chunk of change for winning playoff games and lets face it no matter what any of them say they are there to win and to make money. They have passion for the game, they have heart but they also want paid too.

No hate towards him but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    My understanding about his message is that it was both aimed towards the young guys and was tongue in cheek as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That would be my guess as well. Hey guys, lets get out there and win this one on Sunday!! And oh yeah get a few extra bucks in your paycheck at the same time..LOL

I guess you're right but as a Yankees fan as well one thing that I'd love to see a team do and it would go a long way and a few athletes still do it, as they leave the field if they just lifted their helmets or hats to the fans. Many times even with a win on the day many of the players dont even look up to fans just inches away, they just duck down the tunnel . If the Steelers raised their helmets to the crowd especially at home, you would soon hear the network shirts calling the Steelers Americas team and not the little boys down south ( then again I think J Jones has greased some palms for that title)

Something MAY have been posted BUT if it was from Farrior and said anything about money it was probably tongue in cheek...I'd like to see the article...got a link??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

I could never envision Farrior as a bank statement tackler. Leave that to the Ravens. The athletes here are motivated by something more I would hope.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

I tried to find article for you but our paper only has last couple of articles ( not a big city style rag)
    But apparently money wasnt a good motivator!! Maybe it would be if athletes were like the rest of us in the real world, you dont get paid for jobs undone not guarenteed millions win or loose . How much harder would athletes and (weather reporters) play/ work if their percentages didnt reach a certain mark? thats when money could be a motivator.

--- Added 1/12/2012 at 08:36 AM ---

Hey we need a ref hater embelm for our moods. The officials have it out for the black n gold!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can make that officials hater I think, I'll see what I can do.

Farrior wants to return and keep playing next year but I think this is the time when the Steelers need to make the tough decision. He's been awesome his entire career but they have got to get younger inside with Timmons.

Thread Information