Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Kirby Wilson hospitalized with severe burns.....Update: Tomlin expects him to coach in 2012

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Steelers Kirby Wilson hospitalized with severe burns.....Update: Tomlin expects him to coach in 2012

Just got a tweet he was severely burned in a house fire, he's the Steelers RB coach.

PITTSBURGH (AP) – Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson has been hospitalized after sustaining burns to his arms and legs in a house fire early Friday morning.

Authorities say the fire broke out around 3 a.m. in Wilson's home in Seven Fields, a northern Pittsburgh suburb. Firefighters told borough manager Tom Smith the blaze started in the kitchen and Wilson suffered "moderate to severe" burns.
    Wilson, 50, was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for treatment. He will not travel with the team for Sunday's wild card game in Denver. Wilson is in his fifth season as running backs coach, joining the staff when head coach Mike Tomlin was hired in 2007.
    Steelers president Art Rooney II says he is saddened by the incident and the organization is praying for a full recovery.

Link
    Last edited by jpele; 01-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Draft Pick
    Having been hospitalized myself for burns, I hope for a full recovery for Coach Wilson.

In a related thought, I also hope that Redman runs like his *** is on fire on Sunday.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wow the hits just keep on coming for this team. This one though clearly affecting life outside of football! Hopefully he's able to recover quickly.

Get well, best of wishes, this sucks!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Hope he has a speedy, healthy recovery.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Smokin
    prayers out to him

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Addicted

Not that the Steelers need motivation, but I sure this helps them absolutely blast the Broncos out of the building so Ben and some starters are out of the game by halftime.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Update on Kirby Wilson

Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson was badly burned in a Seven Fields townhouse fire early this morning.

Firefighters went 141 Jameson Way at 2:42 a.m. and saw smoke and flames from the street. They found Mr. Wilson, 50, burned "severely," according to a written statement from Jeffrey Schueler, director of public safety in nearby Cranberry.

Mr. Wilson went first to UPMC Cranberry and then to UPMC Mercy for treatment, according to the statement, which offered no detail about his condition.
    A team source said Wilson has burns on 30 percent to 50 percent of his body, and the injuries are considered serious but not life threatening. No one else was in the house, the source said.

Firefighters from Adams Area Fire District, Cranberry, Callery, Harmony, Zelienople, and South Butler extinguished the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Not that the Steelers need motivation, but I sure this helps them absolutely blast the Broncos out of the building so Ben and some starters are out of the game by halftime.
    Personal life first, football second, but I agree this should make them want to play harder..

Thread Information